We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly train/metro pass in Paris?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weekly train/metro pass in Paris?

I am going to arrive in Paris on Saturday September the 13th, 2014.

Where can I buy a weekly pass? I read about something called the Navigo Découverte?

Thanks

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly train/metro pass in Paris?

You can buy it at a métro station. vianavigo.com/en/…

It won't work till the following Monday if you buy it on Saturday. So you will need tickets or a different pass for the first weekend in Paris.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,672 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly train/metro pass in Paris?

Navigo Decouverte is in fact the best / cheapest transit Pass. Card cost 5 Euro and requires small 25x30 mm photo. Then you load it for travel to zones you intend to go. Paris itself is zone 1, close suburbs 2-3, Versailles, Orly- 4, Disneyland, Fontainebleau, CDG in zone 5.

The only downside is weekly validity Monday - Sunday.

You can buy it at any metro or RER station as soon as you arrive, but it won't be valid until Monday morning.

3. Re: Weekly train/metro pass in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 07:16