We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night train to Venice from Bercy??

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Night train to Venice from Bercy??

We are visiting 4 nights in March '07 and are leaving by overnight train to Venice. The site said it leaves from Bercy station. Where is that? Is it a part of Gare Lyon?? Also, what kind of weather can we expect for the end of March?? Thanks for all replies.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night train to Venice from Bercy??

Bercy Station is its own train station, its not terribly far from Gare de Lyon but completely seperate. Its located at the Bercy metro stop.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night train to Venice from Bercy??

Weather averages on a daily grid are posted under "historical averages" at www.weather.com

Chilly, often showers, brand-new flower plantings, few leaves on the trees yet. I'm from Florida and always wear the 'Cuddl-duds' silk-like long undies under my jeans/slacks,and also the camisole under long-sleeve mock turtlenecks. You can find them at Dillards, often on sale. (well, all this applies to ladies, but my husband wears thermal long-johns under his clothes, if it's cold).

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night train to Venice from Bercy??

Thank you Morgan & Travelnutty. I kind of thought it might be at the Bercy metro stop, just glad to have it reconfirmed. I will certainly look for the cuddledud's at Dillards. We also live in Florida now and I'm glad I didn't get rid of all my cold-weather clothes!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night train to Venice from Bercy??

March can also be extremely pleasant with lots of people sitting at cafes and in parks. It was not the case in 2006 but was in 2005.

5. Re: Night train to Venice from Bercy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 13:16