We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cobalt, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

Does anyone know if they have payphones in terminal 3 at the CDG airport? I've checked the interactive map of the terminal but it doesn't specify. We will be arriving on an early morning flight and I am supposed to call the agency that we are renting from so that they will know when to meet us at the apartment. I am not bringing my cell phone with me so I will need access to a public telephone before I head out to the taxi rank. Thanks.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

hi

it is actually a good idea to bring your phone; glad I had mine when we locked ourselves out.

the easiest is to install skype and buy a min. of Skype credits about $14 CDN then you can call anywhere for about 4c a min.

when you get there put the phone on airplane mode; (this is important to avoid roaming charges) find a wifi hotspot log in and make your call from the number you already saved in your contacts.

plus there are enough free wifi hotspots all over Paris; +it should be in your apartment so you can then keep in touch if you want/need to.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 02:21
NYC
Level Contributor
137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

I was in same situation.At baggage pickup I asked a fellow passenger if he could make a call for me.Everyone seemed to be on his phone,so there was no shortage. People are nice.You could also ask taxi dispatcher to call for you,or your driver.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,591 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

Good idea to use Skype, and CDG has free wifi. I'd rather use my own phone than a grotty payphone

Paris, France
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

As far as I can recall, there are payphones somewhere in CDG T3 Arrivals, but it'd be good to have someone else confirm it, just in case I am getting mixed up with another terminal/airport, as happens occasionally!

Otherwise, as others have so wisely pointed out, there's wifi in the terminal if you do decide to bring a phone.

Cobalt, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

Unfortunately, I only have an old type cell phone and I can't get wifi on it. My kids are always after me to upgrade to a smartphone but so far, I haven't needed it as I don't use a cell phone that much. Thanks for the responses though.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

there are pay phones at Terminal 3 in CDG, I remember a few of them near the exit

Edited: 18 August 2014, 18:08
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

the problem with the pay phones last time it tried finding one is that I needed a phone card to use them; so you would need to stop at a Tabac to get the card. or as found on a web site "Les cabines publiques n’acceptent plus les pièces, mais vous pourrez utiliser une carte bancaire pour téléphoner" . which says no coins/notes - bank cards are accepted;. since you should have a pin & chip card you should be OK;

a note: often mentioned here. is to make sure you notify your CC issuer to let them know you will be travelling otherwise they will block your card.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,855 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

I have never actually walked into Terminal 3 but the other terminals at CDG do have coin operated pay phones. But if you are arriving early in the morning, there will be few agencies open to receive your call before 8 or 9 am.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

the ones at Terminal 3 are also coin operated

Cobalt, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public telephones at CDG Terminal 3?

Thank you all. If the payphones don't accept coins then I can use by bank card. I've already cleared it with my bank and indicated when I will be travelling to France and Italy. I have the agent's cell phone number so I can reach him directly. I will call him once we've cleared customs.