We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank all everyone who contribute to the forum and I have been reading lots of previous posts which will definitely help us during our holidays. We are spending 4 nights in Paris starting on the 28th of this month and we have finally agreed on the itinerary (refer to link attached)

We have rented an appartment via airbnb along in the 7th arrondissement, which is where we will be staying during our stay. My gf and I are in our late 20s and we enjoy our food and love doing various activities/sightseeing rather than kicking back.

I would really appreciate if you could help me with our proposed itinerary because so far only things anchored 100% is the Septime booking and the PSG game.

If ever you need any further information as well, let me know.

Thank you.

https:/…20Itinerary.pdf

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

gourou - you might get more responses if you just re-post your itinerary on this forum.

Many people will not open a pdf from an unknown sender, for fear of viruses, etc.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Agreed with pattyinparis, repost your itinerary and I will be happy to help but I won't click on the link.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 09:10
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Thanks Pattyinparis & Riotstar. I was wondering why ppl were not posting links and stuff but it all makes sense now. :)

Our itinerary is as follows:

Day 1: We arrive in Paris at 13.30 and that's the only day we managed to get a booking at Septime out of the 4 days so we booked it. The seating is from 7.30-9.30pm. We did not plan anything else in fear that we would be tired and jet lagged so depending how we feel we might just walk around or have an early one in order to be fit for the rest of the trip.

Day 2: In the morning we were thinking of going to the Eiffel Tower and then go to see the Arc De Triomphe and have a stroll along the Champs Elysees. Then, since the Louvre opens till late (21.45) on Fridays we were thinking of exploring the Louvre either early or late afternoon. When do you guys think it would be more appropriate? That night probably we will probably send up spending it at the Trocadero and watch at the amazing view and also give me the opportunity taking some photos.

Day 3:

Saturday we have saved it for Versailles so we will try to head there in the morning and also try to get the guided tour for the Kings Apartment. I read that the fountains are activated on the weekend and we are hoping to catch the one between 11-12pm. Hoping also to see whether we can hire that buggy as suggested by another poster, which we thought would be something quite fun to do. Then at night, we will try to get on the seine for a river cruise(last one at about 11pm). Hopefully if ever we are too tired we might be able to squeeze in a quick nap before hitting the road again.

Day 4:

We saved it for Sacre Coeur and Monmartre. We are hoping to catch the sunrise at the top of the tower and admire that beautiful view. Then we will probably be walking around and see what's around. We are not sure whether if it is something that the artist do there and whether we could afford it but if we could get our portraits as a souvenir it would be nice. Then, being a football fan we have booked out tickets to see the game of PSG v.s St Etienne at night.

Day 5:

We have a flight to catch in order to go to Venice at around 11.10 am so there is not much we could do.

We both love French Gastronomy and in particular French Pastries so we are hoping to make a visit to the following shops:

(1)Laduree

(2) Pierre Hermes

(3) La Patisserie Des Reves

(4) L'eclair de Genie

(5) Christophe Michalak

I think if we manage to tick all of these off we would be very happy. Again this is just the plan we have in mind and obviously things can go wrong and we will end up going with the flow.

I will truly appreciate if you could help me and let me know whether this could work or whether we need to change a few things around so that it works better.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Anyone?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Not far from the Patisserie des Reves is La Grande Epicerie in Bon Marche store. Oh my, and Oh My again. The pastries and cakes are marvellous and there are far more than in the Patisserie des Reves.

http://tinyurl.com/m7ffcnc has some photos.

For Montmartre, what tower were you thinking of? The dome doesn't open till 9am though the church opens at 6am. The forecourt and steps are one of the few places in Paris where you can NOT see the Eiffel tower as it is blocked by Butte Montmartre. After the P;ace du Tertre, where the artists hang out, go down to Place Abbesses where you will find lots of cafe/bars with the typical French tiny tables on the street. Great for a coffee or wine and people watching. Consider a Cafe Gourmand which comes with three or four tiny desserts.

Maybe make use of some metro and/or buses. It is some distance from Tour Eiffel to Arc de Triomphe and you won't believe how many steps you will take in a day.

When I am doing things like this I map the path on Googlemaps to make sure I am not running all over the place.

Otherwise the plan doesn't look too overcrowded.

Have a great holiday.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Sorry only just checked back at your post.

Day 1: very sensible

Day 2: fine, but the Louvre is incredibly large, so you may want to skip this or do it in the morning when you have lots of energy. My favourite trip up the tower was at dusk, so if you are going up you could consider switching the day around if you wanted.

Day 4: as above you will not be able to climb the tower at Sacre Coeur for dawn, you get beautiful (La Tour free!) views from the steps below the basilica though. Generally I would suggest a visit to Monmartre in the evening, it is livelier then in my experience.

If you like taking photos you may also want to consider going up the towers of Notre Dame for the gargoyles, btw. Have a fantastic trip either way, I am going for my annual visit soon and can't wait :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

Of course one can see the Eiffel tower from the steps of the Sacre Coeur! the later is on the very top of Montmartre and face downtown Paris...

…blogspot.ca/2013/06/a-trip-to-paris-and-dis…

that view is from the top of the church but one can still see the tower from the steps..

This photo is the Sacre Coeur seen FROM the Eiffel tower

bestourism.com/img/items/big/759/Sacre-Coeur…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

I didn't believe it either the first time I heard it, but it is true.

Note that in your shot from the ET you can't see the steps.

This is a shot, not mine, from the front of SC

travelwithkat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06…

You can see it from the dome because that gets you above the Butte, but not from in front of the church.

Googlemaps shows you

http://goo.gl/maps/mJOZe

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

As Lynn B says, you may be able to see it from the top of the Basilica but not from the steps at the front, which is what I was talking about.

Gardendale, Alabama
Level Contributor
73 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Nights In Paris Itinerary - Comments & Help Appreciated!

I don't know what type of portrait you want at Place du Tertre but we had a simple sketch done of my husband and me. It is in charcoal (I think) and it was not expensive at all (About 30 Euro). You have to haggle for the price. I have had more complements on that sketch than anything in my house! It does look very good! And yes, you can tell it is us! LOL Also, it has not faded and looks like it did when it was new in 2008! It took about 15 to 20 minutes for that guy! Wow!