We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in October?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
okiegirl87
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paris in October?

Okay, so I have been to Paris multiple times but usually in the May/June/July months. This time I will be going in October and was just curious what to expect as far as the weather and tourist. I didn't go on my annual summer vacation to Europe this year and now the Paris bug has bitten me hard. I just phoned my mom a few hours ago and we both agreed that October works best, well kind of. I will be doing my Fall classes online, but I still in need of a desperate break. Any info will be welcomed. Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in October?

We did Paris in October, early October during our Canadian Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. We wore tshirt and jeans during the day and I found that a jean jacket was enough if we stayed out later, we never had any rain.

Gorgeous weather and sunsets. BUT, I did read that it can be rainy. When are you planning on going in October? Hopefully some locals can help out more.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,152 posts
872 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in October?

We have done Paris in Oct. twice (and soon again), and have had a mixed bag of weather - one year was cool and very wet, while another was excellent.

Did May (latter part, after 10 days in Burgundy), and it was great too.

Good luck, and maybe have some light rain gear handy... just in case?

Hunt

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in October?

October is a very nice time to visit Paris, you may see smaller crowds than June/July as far as tourists, and more Parisians (since they will longtime back from their summer holidays). I think you should go for it! We were there last August, and it was rainy and cold so you can't prevent that!

Marcel Duchamp exhibit will be on at the Pompidou...probably some other interesting exhibits at the rest of the big museums, if that's of interest...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in October?

Well as Audrey Hepburn has said "Paris is always a good idea". I try to not worry about the weather whenever I'm traveling to a city -- if it's nice, I seek outside activities; if the weather is less the optimal, then I do inside activities. Fall is a beautiful time for Paris; take your break and enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in October?

We have spent two Octobers in Paris and had very good luck with weather. You can see what it was like on Oct 31 a couple of years ago in the post about walking from Parc Citroen to the Eiffel Tower. (in the 'Paris' category) It was cool and sunny-- perfect travel weather -- on that day. In contrast, the Novembers we have spent in Paris have been showery and gloomy.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in October?

The first half of October is generally nice -- the second half can begin to get a little iffy, as does most of the northern latitudes.

The first frost usually comes somewhere around mid-October.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris in October?

I was in Paris in late Oct 2010 for a major birthday. Usually I go in Sept. September is significantly better, but I wouldn't pass up any trip to Paris, any time of year.

I only brought a lined anorak style jacket and a cashmere sweater and was warm enough in that - but IIRC it was significantly colder than it was in NYC that time of year. But, Im not the type who gets cold. I remember it raining the day I went to see the Basquiat (I think?) exhibit. Line was too long so I didnt wait in the rain or I would remember.

SuitcaseReady.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris in October?

Rainfall. month by month, is fairly steady. You have to expect some rain. Temperatures should be mild, but it dedends on it's the first week or last week in October. I'll wear a light, rain- resistent jacket jacket, and it's a good time to see concerts and plays.

9. Re: Paris in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:17