We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Markets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris Markets

Hi

I've heard that the markets in Paris are really good, any suggestions on which ones? We are staying in the 3rd Arr.

Thanks

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Markets

What sort of markets? Food, clothing, antiques, second-hand?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Markets

This link will show you every market in Paris and the days and hours of operation.

http://meslieux.paris.fr/marches

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Markets

The Sunday Bastille market is quite large and has both food and tacky tack.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Markets

Ha! Tacky tack. Good one. And so true.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Markets

We really like the food markets...our favorite being the Saxe Breteuill market. also the Rue Mouffetard and President Wilson Market are neat...we go fairly early because they get very crowded..the Saxe Breteuill market is less crowded.You can pick up some cheese, bread, olives, almost anything and have a picnic. They begin closing I think around 1:00...often I get some scarves and other different household things that are neat.

Porte des Vanves flea market is on Saturday and Sunday morning...also go early ...they begin closing at about 1:00 . we have talked to people who went in the late afternoon only to find nothing. it is easy to get to on the metro...also there is a nice little cafe as you come up out of the metro for am drink or snack.I collect old hand tinted postcards and my husband collects old cameras ,viewers, and other photographica, but they have jewelry, paintings old pitchers , and many other neat things. it gets really crowded so do try to get there early.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,801 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Markets

The Saxe-Breteuil is our favorite, especially on a Saturday morning ---> tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187147-d2…

Pjk

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Markets

If you will be in the 3rd arrondissement on a Thursday or Sunday, it only makes sense to go to Bastille market, since you are right in the neighborhood, anyway. There is also a small market on place Baudoyer (near Hotel de Ville) on Wed and Sat, if you can't make it to Bastille.

I would visit the others if I were wandering around and ended up nearby, but if you want to shop for food - and don't want to haul heavy groceries across town - the Bastille market would be your best option.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Markets

I think all tourists should go to the Bastille market, because then we will not trip over them while they are gawking in any of the other markets. ;-)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
121 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Markets

My parents brought home some fresh nougat from Paris in May. They said they picked it up at a Basque market in the St. Germain area. Is this something that is normally sold at the markets? I would love to bring some more home when we're there in Paris...it was amazing!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Markets

Both hard and soft nougat can be found at any street market that has a sweet stand. You can also find it in any supermarket.