We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on public transportation ticketing options

Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Confused on public transportation ticketing options

Hope the experts can point me in right direction.

Arriving CDG and plan to take the Roissy bus into town (understanding this is about 10 euro each)

In the city we plan on using the bus and metro lines during our 4 nights / 5 days in Paris

And the when we leave it will be out of Orly so thinking Orlyval train.

What I don't understand is should I do the clarret (sp?) 10 ticket packs or is that not a complete option due to my transport plans with CDG and Orly?

Or is there a multi day pass that would be a less expensive?

Hopefully the details above can have the experts point me and wife in the right direction

merci beaucoup!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused on public transportation ticketing options

If Roissy Bus is taking you close to your accommodation - that is a good option and costs E 10.50 pp one way. You can buy tickets at a stop in a machine if you have chip and pin cc ; or from a driver using cash, no change though.

Trip to Orly is more complicated even though its closer than CDG. You may consider taking Taxi or RER B to Antony stop and then Orlyval - each requires separate tickets.

During your stay in Paris proper (zone 1) for metro and Bus you can use t+ tickets for each person. Ticket is E 1.70 or 13.70 if bought as carnet of 10. Tickets from carnet can be shared among different persons and don't expire if you won't use all of them.

You could consider buying Paris Visite - transportation pass for 5 days for zones 1-5 to include both airports, but it will be more expensive, convenient though - E59.50 pp.

If your visit comes between Monday and Sunday Navigo Decouverte pass would be only34.40.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 18:54
2. Re: Confused on public transportation ticketing options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:15