We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Dear all

After spending a long time searching for my ideal apartment, i've booked one near the Musee D'Orsay! We (ie 2 adults and 3 children aged 13, 11 and 6) will be arriving in Paris on Dec 6th from London via Eurostar. Here is my planned itinerary:

Dec 6 (Sat) - arrive at 14.47 from London, cab to apartment, check in, familiarise with area

Dec 7 (Sun) -Eiffel Tower, River Cruise, ending at Notre Dame, Jardin de Luxembourge

Dec 8 (Mon) - Louvre, Tulleries, Arc De Triomphe, Galeries Lafayette, Champs Elysee (Christmas market)

Dec 9 (Tue) - Catacombs + .... anything else we want to do.

Dec 10 (Wed) - free till check out. Apartment has agreed to let us leave our bags until around 2 pm. Transfer to Disneyland (DLP)

Some questions:

1) What is the best way to go to DLP? With many bags, I'm thinking a cab to Chatelet-Les Halles then RER A to Val D'Europe? (We are staying near Val d' Europe RER)

2) With the above itinerary, what is the best travel pass? Would buying carnets of 10 be better?

3) Any inputs on itinerary are also welcome.

thank you !

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Anyone? Thank you.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Hi Toralina, itinery looks pretty well thought out, Saturday you could add army musuem as you won't be too far away, or Rodin musuem.Sunday after Ile de la Cite, the Pantheon isn't too far. Monday make sure you add the Opera Garnier to your list it's only a block away from Galleries Lafayette and is a stunning building. Tuesday you could add Tour Montparnasse to the itinery and get arguably the best view in Paris. Wednesday I would relax a bit and wander St Germain De Pres, have a nice breakfast and lunch.Sorry can't really help with DLP but have a good trip.

Edited: 24 August 2014, 10:06
Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Not sure if that is the order that you plan to do things, but I'd imagine that you won't have much daylight left on the Sunday to visit Jardin de Luxembourg - I would check the opening times (as I think it might actually close early).

Also for Monday, check the opening times of the Louvre, it is closed on a Monday or Tuesday - can't remember which. Logical route would be Louvre (if open), Tuileries, Champs Elysee then Arc de Triomphe.. Galleries Lafayette would be nice in the evening when the shop window displays are all lit up.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

River cruise is round trip, so if you start at ET it will bring you back to the same spot.

Chatelet Les Halles is the biggest and busiest transportation stop, so I wouldn't use this to catch RER A to Disneyland. It would be simpler to take a short taxi ride to Auber stop from d'Orsay museum area. Auber RER A stop has escalators and lift.

Regarding transit tickets: inside Paris t+ tickets, bought cheaper as bulk of 10(carnet). Only your youngest can have half price. But for DLP, zone 5- you need more expensive point-to-point tickets.

You could consider Navigo Decouverte Pass zone 1-5, but its valid Monday- Sunday so with transfer to DLP on Wed. you wouldn't use much of its value. Another is 5 days Paris Visite transportation pass, very convenient, but much more expensive. Learn more about them and decide for yourself what fits your family needs the best.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips (especially the Auber station one - would never have thought of it and was fretting over getting lost in Chatelet Les Halles. lol)

Will check out the passes and be back if I have more questions. :)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Have the children asked about the Catacombs? I have to think a day or part of a day in Montmartre would be more interesting for them. Even for you.

Pjk

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Actually it's my two older kids who are really interested in the Catacombs. Will probably bring the youngest one somewhere else while the big ones and daddy/me do the Catacombs thingy. :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Toralina, it's terrific that you're open to splitting up the group. It keeps everyone happy. When everyone comes back together, it's fun to hear what they've been up to, and see Paris through the kids' eyes.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

I believe Catacombs are allowed for 14 and up.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment booked, now on to my itinerary!

Tessa, I just checked the age because I know we thought about going on our last trip and I didn't remember an age restriction.

The site says 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult, so the OP and family are good to go.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 03:57