We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Malaysia
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Please direct me with a walking route to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton Rue de Rivoli.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,797 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

there is a walking function in google maps https://goo.gl/maps/Zk2ZT

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Walk up the rue Saint Denis / rue du Faubourg Saint Denis starting from the Châtelet area and branch off on rue de Dunkerque in the direction of Montmartre when you get to Gare du Nord.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

I would walk north to pass through Place Vendome, then around the Opera Garnier, then up rue des Martyrs in the 9th arr, cross blvd Clichy to the Abbesses square, cut over to the foot of Sacre Coeur (Sq. Louise Michel), go up the Funicular to the top and wander around the area, find the vineyards, down the back side and depart by M:Lamarck-Caulaincourt...

Honestly, though, that is quite a lot of walking and could be a fair amount going uphill. I have enjoyed, and taken others, up to Montmartre by metro to Lamarck-Caulaincourt, then followed this self-guided walk at a nice relaxed pace, stopping for refreshments along the way...

http://www.paris48.com/montmartre-walk.html

Level Contributor
8,908 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

that is one serious walk...really don't know specifics and if you are up for it great...do factor in the serious up and down hill walking needed to fully explore Montmartre. I might take metro there and then if you really want walk back to the hotel.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Sorry I did not specify the sight I wish to visit.

It is actually Sacre Coeur on Montmarte Hills.

Is it possible to walk from Hotel Brighton. I heard so much

of pickpockets from the Metro hence I am afraid to take the

Metro to visit Montmarte Sacre Coeur.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
154 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Hi, we just returned from two and a half weeks in Paris and used the Metro to go everywhere even up til 11pm at night after our boat cruise! We felt safer there than we do here in KL! We didn't see any pickpockets our entire stay. Don't be afraid of the metro or you'll just end up miserable, you walk around enough in Paris as it is. It was always a relief to jump on the Metro back to our hotel.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

It's an easy 45-minute walk in almost a straight line, except for the last part that is uphill to the top of the butte (lots of steps). The distance is about 2.9 km. I've done it many, many times. Multiple routes are available and they are mostly interesting, especially if you are not looking for the shortest possible route. Google Maps can give you a precise route that you can adjust to suit your preferences.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

I am also from Kuala Lumpur but we are seniors.

Can you let me know whether the boat cruise in the evening worth taking.

Please give me your insights in Paris.

Thank you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
154 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Yes we did the 1 hour cruise with Vedettes du Pont Neuf. One hour enough and the price is really good. We bought our tickets on line which you can use any day and we picked a night where we thought the weather looked clear. Paris is easy to get around, the people are friendly and polite (as long as you say 'Bonjour') but it is a busy city with a lot of tourists, more so than KL I thought. We took it pretty easy. One attraction in the morning, lunch, then another in the afternoon rather than rushing around trying to see everything. Have fun!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Walk to Montmarte from Hotel Brighton

Dear Kawan

Will take your advice for the boat ride. Did you visit Louvre and Versailles?

Please give me some advise.

Thank you.