We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any hidden gems in the 15th?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any hidden gems in the 15th?

I'm staying in the west side of montparnasse tower in the 15th arrond. I'm familiar with the eastern side around there, but have never really ventured into the 15th. What are the best streets for wandering. Any hidden gems or must sees?

Thanks in advance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

Square Saint Lambert is lovely, and once you have trekked there, you can reward yourself with the local branch of Chez Papa, a homely South West (i.e. duck-based) cuisine restaurant.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

The new Promenade Plantée is in the 15th arrondissement and also the Parc Georges Brassens and the Parc André Citroën.

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

New Promenade Plantée? Please can you tell me more about this, as I was not aware there is a second one.

Thankyou.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

paris.fr/accueil/paris-mag/un-nouveau-tronco…

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

Superb. Thankyou K2.

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
982 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

Yes, thanks for this info. During my last visit to Paris, my wife and I walked the Promenade Plantee in the 12th based on K2's advice and photos. We will be staying near this new Promenade Plantee during our next visit and will have to check it out.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

You can see all of it in my rather lengthy report about the Petite Ceinture railway line that has been used to create it.

It is in "reply #2" of the report.

…proboards.com/thread/…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

The Jardin Atlantique on top of the Montparnasse station has both the Resistance Museum and the General LeClerc Museum at one end.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,453 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

We did a walk from Parc Citroen to the Eiffel Tower that we really enjoyed. Snapshots in the photo journal in the 'Paris ' Category. The Jardin Atlantique is an adventure just to locate -- and we always enjoy finding secret gardens. Lots of interesting churches. A favorite in the 15th is the Ark of the Covenant. Snapshots in photo journal as well.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

10. Re: Any hidden gems in the 15th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 12:24