We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on these Apartments?

memphis
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on these Apartments?

I've narrowed down the few available apartments for our short stay in Paris on the list below.

I'm going around in circles with my personal pros (price, self-cater, more room to relax)and cons (location, window light/view, independent reviews, normal risks of rental) on these properties, and I'd appreciate your feedback. (We're a family of 3 adults, 1st time to Paris.)

honeymoon-in-paris.com/dar.htm

haveninparis.com/rental/sacrecoeurpenthouse.…

adrianleeds.com/parler-paris-apartments/le-b…

www.VacationInParis.com/listing/84/0

Has anyone stayed at any of these? Reviews are on the rental sites, but I'd love to see if anyone has first-hand knowledge here. Also, some of the very highly recommended agencies (GAS, PVA, PBL, ParisPerfect) do not have anything for me at this late date. To the best of my knowledge, these mostly do have good reviews. Correct me if I'm wrong!

As a backup, I am still considering a triple/family room at a hotel. (I've found 2-3 good options available, in central areas! Woohoo!) With the limited availability on apartment rentals, would you recommend I seriously consider the hotels? The hotels are a bit more expensive, but doable.

This Memphis girl is fixin' to lose her mind.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

Look, I'm an adamant vacation renter, but in your case, it would just be SO much easier to book a hotel. Not that anyone would, but if you go back and look at the advice on apartments vs. hotels, most of us recommend a hotel for visits of less than a week.

I guess I'm not sure why you're spending SO much time on a relatively easy thing when you could be planning the fun parts of your very short trip. Just book a hotel. When you return for a longer stay, that's when you can spend lots of time choosing an apartment.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
76 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

I like the last one best because it seems to be the largest and it has 2 beds. Are the three adults you, your husband and a son/daughter or just three friends? If two of the three are a couple, I think they'd want some privacy.

I haven't stayed in any of these apartments, I've rented from My Paris Visit three times and have been happy with them. Adrian Leeds and Vacation in Paris both get good reviews on this site.

What are your dates? Is this your first trip to Paris?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

The last one - St. Germain is 5th floor, no elevator: and bathroom access is through the bedroom.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,284 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

The only one with an elevator is number 2, as far as I can see. That would be a deal breaker for me. The apartment is a bit open plan but OK for a few days.

No way would I be humping suitcases up three floors or indeed, running back to get a sweater, if I had to face all those stairs.

I also happen to be fond of the Montmartre area though round Anvers can be very touristy.

California
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

Personally I would choose #3 (if it has a lift). Not sure if it said it has a lift, but #1 & #4 don't. Lots of stairs to climb. Also #4 the loft has a sloping ceiling. The second apartment is a studio so it's reminiscent of a hotel room only larger.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

I think for a first time short visit you should go with a hotel. You'll have a help desk if needed. And, frankly, it's just a lot easier. No depsosits or fees. A lot less due diligence.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

If you've found 2 - 3 good hotel options in a good location, you'd be nuts not to jump on them asap.

Book a hotel - you will need the front desk support staff more than you think - stop stressing about the apartment thing, and enjoy your vacation. If you still feel the need, rent an apartment on your next trip to Paris - it will be a lot more fun than it would be, this trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,822 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

Have you checked the apart-hotels that were recommended in your other thread?

I love staying in apartments, but if this is your first trip to Paris and your first time using a vacation rental, I agree with the comments about choosing a hotel for this trip.

As you have found, finding an apartment takes a lot of work. On top of that you have to add in the afternoon check in times and morning check out times and often no place to stash your luggage.

If your trip is in a few weeks you don't have any more time to dawdle.

memphis
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

Kittykai, this is our 1st trip to Paris. We are family, all adults (who get along very well) and can handle a cozy setup if necessary.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feedback on these Apartments?

For a first time visit of only 5 nights, I'd go with a hotel for all the reasons already expressed.

Do you mention your budget anywhere? Because I'm thinking that in a clean, budget (and centrally located!) hotel, you may be able to afford 2 rooms. That not only gives you space and privacy, but also 2 bathrooms. no matter how close a family you are, it sure helps to have 2 bathrooms when you are getting ready every morning to get out and about, making the most of your time.

Of course, you can definitely look for a triple--your budget will dictate how much luxury you can give yourselves. But if you get 2 rooms in an affordable hotel, wow--perfect.