We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Eat Restaurants

Tallahassee,FL
Level Contributor
60 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Must Eat Restaurants

My friends and I are going on a 7 day trip to Paris in late June/ early July. 6 of us are really big foodies. My husband has a culinary arts degree and makes lists of food locations across the USA for us to eat in. My question is what are must eat locations in Paris? We are planning to do a boat dinner and Paris Picnic. We enjoy course meals and little hole in the wall locations. Any suggestions?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,034 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

If you have the funds, try Guy Savoy, Epicure at the Bristol Hotel, and Jules Verne on the Eiffel Tower. But be warned that the first two will cost around $1000 US for two people.

Tallahassee,FL
Level Contributor
60 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

Thank you!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,040 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

When people write " hole in the wall" I write "Au Fil des Saisons". There Is no web page but a number of reviews are here ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d7…

Pjk

Tallahassee,FL
Level Contributor
60 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

oooo thanks PJ!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,686 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

Just from reading these forums, the boat dinners don't get a good write up foodwise. Pretty views but only so-so food.

We had a very nice dinner at Les Canailles http://www.restaurantlescanailles.fr/ but bookings are essential as it fills with locals around 8pm.

Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

If your husband has a culinary Arts degree, he will certainly have the ability to track down places to eat in Paris, that world is very close. We on TA love to hear about those finds. He should have no reason to look hete

Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

To look here, we would love to hear about what his colleagues recommend

Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

Having a son who is a Sous-chef in a NYC restaurant, we would only eat on the boats for the scenery

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,686 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

I would take a boat ride and then eat at a nice restaurant personally.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Must Eat Restaurants

Check the boards of ChowHound as well. There are some serious foodies and lovers of gastronomy (at all pice levels, but especially the higher echelons) over there.