We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Hi, i've a big size luggage with me and staying in 2 different hotel at paris. If i were travel to hyatt regency paris from Rue Léon Jost, Paris, France. Below is the menthods i could travel with. I'm not sure all this public transport can bring along big luggage case? I heard from some friends that hard luggage case cant travel together in the train and need to catch a cab.

Can advice on this? Thanks

Métro Courcelles (ligne 2)

- RER A station Charles De Gaulle Etoile

- Depuis les aéroport d'ORLY et CDG : Bus Air France : station Arc de Triomphe

- Depuis l'aéroport de Beauvais : Bus direct jusqu'à la porte Maillot puis ligne 21 jusque Charles de Gaulle Etoile

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

People travel with luggage all the time on public transportation. - hard cases, soft cases... Just how big is your luggage? Will you be able to manage a couple of flights of stairs, if necessary? If it can fit in an average car trunk, it will fit on Metro or bus.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,956 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Could you be more specific about where you need to leave from and go to with your large suitcase? You lost me when you mentioned Beauvais airport.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Locals take big luggage on public transportation all the time. Sometimes (but not always) they are a bit embarrassed about bothering other people, but quite a few of them do not have a taxi budget.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,945 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

If you want to get from Courcelles metro to Porte Maillot to catch the bus to Beauvais, you would be insane to travel via CDG airport. Just take Line 2 to Charles de Gaulle Etoile and change to Line 1 to Porte Maillot.

Charles de Gaulle Etoile station is at the Arc de Triomphe, and has nothing to do with Charles de Gaulle airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,363 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Just be aware that if you travel via metro you will have to lift and carry your own luggage up and down several sets of stairs just to get in and out of stations and to get around inside them. There are generally no elevators and even when there are escalators they do not replace all the stairs.

canada
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

The route is: Courcelles on Metro 4 westward to Etoile to change to RER A line which head East to get off at Auber. Then walk 250 m past Opera G, bear right to Hyatt on Rue de la Paix. There are steps. Doors for the station exits are not very wide.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Firstly, Thanks for all the replies. I will be staying at st Christopher's gare du nord and be bringing my big luggage along to transfer to Hyatt regency by my own so I need to know public transport such as term n train can bring in luggage. No budget on cab as I heard is very expensive to take cab.

Secondly, is it far from at Christopher gare du nord to Hyatt regency Paris?

Thanks

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

You can take any kind of luggage that you can handle all by yourself on any public transportation anywhere in France, but whether it's advisable or not is debatable. There will be stairs. There will likely be elevators out of order.

The Hyatt Regency and whatever Christopher's is will have information on their websites with directions.

I would take a cab if I had "large luggage."

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,034 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Do whatever you can to not have a large heavy suitcase; you will be hauling it yourself up and down stairs. If for some reason you have to haul all that stuff then have a backpack and a smaller suitcase rather than using a giant heavy hard sided case. As others have noted, you can take whatever you can carry on the train and metro -- but it will be very difficult to manage a large suitcase.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,363 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Could bring luggage along in the metro train and trem?

Looks like close to 6km walking between the two.

http://goo.gl/maps/Mo3kr