We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

My wife, one-year old daughter and I will be staying in Paris for a week (next week), and we'll be staying in an apartment right across the street from Notre Dame.

We will, of course, want to visit the Eiffel Tower at some point, and I'd like to know the best and fastest way to get there with our daughter? I've read that it is encouraged to use the bus rather than metro. If so, which line would we use and where is the bus stop?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

Route 87 runs along the Bvd St-Germaine, on the Left Bank, to the Eiffel Tower.

You need to become familiar with the journey planner and other information at www.ratp.fr

ottawa
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

If there are two of you and your stroller folds easily, the metro should be fairly doable if you prefer. There were 3 adults, a two year old, an 11 month old and two strollers in my group a few years back and we managed with little trouble.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
882 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

The BatoBus stops right at Notre Dame and is a hop on hop off boat that makes 8 stops between Jardin des Plantes and the Eiffel Tower. Children (me too) love the boat and you can see all of the sites near the Seine with easy access. all day 16E child 7E or 2 day for 18E and 9E. We will be using it in the spring for a month.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

you can take the RERB from St Michel -Notre Dame to Pont d'Alma stop which is a 10 min walk to ET.

There is a sign for the RERB near Notre Dame on the street you are on- that is only a tunnel to get you across the river; not recommended, better to walk across the plaza and the bridge to St MIchel. https://goo.gl/maps/Pr95F

the link for bus/metro/RER interactive map with real time info. www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php… or this one for address to address ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/recherche-avancee

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

That would be the RER C, not the RER B but it is definitely the easiest way to get there. It runs just under the road that follows the Seine. The stop is not Pont de l'Alma but Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 18:48
Michigan
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

Take the #87 bus (it's the way I'd go) and it's about a 10 min walk to the bus stop from Notre Dame.

If you're staying on the left bank, walk west (away from Notre Dame) on Quai de Montebello.

Make a left on Rue du Petit Pont.

Keep walking, you'll pass the church of Saint Severin at which point the street becomes Rue Saint-Jacques.

Keep walking, you'll cross Blvd. Saint-Germaine.

A couple of short blocks and you'll come to Rue des Ecoles - make a right.

Walk a couple of more short blocks - the Cluny stop for the #87 bus will be in front of the Compagnie Librairie at 58 Rue des Ecoles.

The end of the line for the #87 is at the Eiffel Tower/Champ de Mars.

To go back home, get on the #87/ direction Port de Reuilly - going eastbound the bus will go down Blvd Saint-Germaine (it's a one way street)

You'll get off at the Cluny stop again but this time you'll be on Blvd Saint Germaine.

Walk in the same direction as the traffic for a couple of short blocks.

Make a left on Rue Saint-Jacques, you'll pass Saint Severin church again, continue to the river, make a right and there's Notre Dame!

Try the interactive route planning service from RATP and Google Maps - both are excellent for directions and getting a good idea of how Paris is laid out.

Use street view on Google Maps and you can actually *walk* this route in advance and get an idea of what you'll be seeing.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

hi

Champs de Mars-Eiffel Tower is 7 min walk to ET but is one more stop coming from St Michel. Pont de l'Alma is 9 min walk to ET but one less stop

I would call that a Draw!!!..................(-;

I should have checked the RER letter; the stair in front of Notre Dame plaza near Rue de la Cité does get you to corridors and tunnels to connect to RER B or C http://goo.gl/maps/5tDb9

8. Re: Best way to get from Notre Dame to Eiffel Tower, with Child!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16