We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Restaurant with non french food

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Restaurant with non french food

Hi All, have used the search function, looking for a restaurant that does not do french food, I just dont get on with their fayre so slightly limited but I want somewhere were we can dress up a little, jens and shirt and shoes and missus in a dress, very smart casual like.

Any reccomendations?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

You could use www.thefork.com and search for restaurants serving food of which you approve.

I believe your stereotype of French food is way off the mark.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

There are as many Italian restaurants in Paris as French restaurants, if that sort of food suits you.

If you like Indian food, check out Little India on the Faubourg Saint Denis on the right side of Gare du Nord.

3. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 15:06
4. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

5. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

Paris is full of every kind of food imaginable. What, exactly, are you looking for? I don't think you even have a grasp of what "French food" really is to start with, but if you want Cambodian or Indian, or Spanish or Vietnamese or Lebanese or Irish or Italian or Portuguese or Afghani or anything else, it's all there.

"jens and a shirt" is hardly dressed up. How do you usually go to restaurants - in pajamas?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

You can get a roast chicken and potatoes, as well as a grilled steak almost everywhere. Served in a 'French' restaurant, cafe, bistro. Does that make it French food - probably. I'm not sure exactly what you would consider French food. Not everything is heavily sauced or super-fancy if that's your fear. And don't worry, you won't get that level of food if you're dressed up in jeans. Good basic well seasoned food is how I characterize French food for me. I love the more inventive food as well but my best meals are those with a great roast chicken, salad with warm goat cheese and a demi pichet of a house wine. And a nice decadent dessert.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

You can find just about any kind of food in Paris, and in any kind of café, bistro, or restaurant. Why not just walk down the street and look at menus?

9. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food

Edited: 31 August 2014, 15:06
10. Re: Paris Restaurant with non french food