We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

this is my first visit to Paris..I wonder..do I need to buy tickets for museums and trains(metro) online before showing up in Paris or it is not necessary ? Is the Paris passes are useful and worth it ? if yes. What is the best pass for the city ? I am planning to spend 4 days in the city of light :)

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

Get a Museum Pass if you plan on spending a bunch of time in museums. Do NOT get the Paris Pass - rip-off.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,162 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

hi

for the metro/buses you can buy a carnet of 10 tickets which is a saving over buying single tickets.

it is a good idea to learn about the metro this should give you a start. www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

I would suggest that you make a list of the museums you want to visit then go to the web site of each museum to figure out the cost then see if the Musuem Pass will be a good deal for you. http://en.parismuseumpass.com/

with only 4 days it is not a good idea to get a pass for 4 days you will be so museumed out that it will not be fun by the third day. also be aware that some museums close on Monday or tuedays and that the Louvre is open late Wed and Friday.

Also a good idea to put your city or country in your profile so we can figure where you are coming from if you need advice on how best to get from airport or eurostar station.

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

Thank you :)

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

Thank you Cbaarch..very useful info. Btw I am from Egypt. This is my first to Europe, I feel so excited about planning my first trip. I am intended to visit Brussels and Amsterdam after Paris.

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
982 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

I don't know if this was answered for you, but DO NOT buy the Paris Museum Pass (PMP) in advance. They are easy to find in Paris. You can buy it at many places and a good strategy is to go to one of the less famous/popular museums to buy the PMP so you don't have to wait in line long. The two-day costs 42 Euro and the four-day costs 56 Euro. There is no need to pay more.

If you fly into CDG or Orly airports and are taking the train into the city, you can buy your carnet of tickets (10 tickets at a discount) when you buy your RER train tickets.

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
982 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

Also, the two-day PMP is probably a good value if you plan to use it at least 4-5 times; the four-day if you plan to use it at least 6-7 times.

7. Re: My First time in Paris, Tickets 4 museums&Trains&passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16