We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenir Penny

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
46 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Souvenir Penny

This may sound silly, but a friend is leaving soon for Paris and her grandson wants one of those flattened penny souvenirs to add to his collection of others from various places in the U.S.

The only place that I can think of that I MAY have seen one of those machines when I was there for several months is just inside Notre Dame. (But then again I wasn't looking for one.) Can anyone tell me if there really is one there? And, if not, please let me know if you know of one in Paris anywhere. Maybe the French aren't into flattened pennies, but I'm hoping to help this little guy not be disappointed.

Thanks......... Jan T.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenir Penny

Yes to Notre Dame as far as I recall and also in many other churches.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
154 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenir Penny

I think I saw a machine at the Arc de Triomphe, just when you get to the top of the stairs before you go outside

Edited: 31 August 2014, 06:36
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenir Penny

Yes, the Arc de Triomphe for sure.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
46 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenir Penny

Thank you, for your responses!! I'm sure Casey will have one from N.D. and the Arc when his grandma comes back home!! Thanks for your help!

wash., dc
Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenir Penny

Just to confirm, we were in Paris last week and saw the coin machines at Notre Dame and many of the major tourist venues. You will have no problem fulfilling Casey's wish.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenir Penny

Sacre Coeur, Sainte Chapelle, Pantheon - plenty to keep you occupy collecting them.

7. Re: Souvenir Penny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16