We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Play fountains in Paris

London
Level Contributor
213 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Play fountains in Paris

Are there any fountains in Paris that are currently open which children can actually play in ?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
L'Embacle
Fountains, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
St. Sulpice Fountain
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Fountains
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Play fountains in Paris

Children play in the fountain at the Parc André Citroën, which is one of those where the water squirts out of the pavement.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Play fountains in Paris

There are "play fountains" on the Boulevard Richard Lenoir above the Canal St-Martin tunnel starting at the Bastille.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,028 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Play fountains in Paris

There is a sort of waterfall fountain in the park behind Sace Couer that I have seen kids play not in but with -- they put balls in the water above and watch them go over and below and then fetch them and do it again.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Play fountains in Paris

I think / heard, newly renovated Place de la Republique has water park for children.

Mentioned in this post
Place de la Republique
Place de la Republique
278 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Play fountains in Paris

Oh yes, I forgot about République. It is not exactly a fountain but a wet rectangle of pavement in front of the café in the square. Children love to slip and slide all over it.

I even made a little video showing it on inauguration day last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIB-YeWpa54

I almost mentioned the fountains along boulevard Richard Lenoir near Bastille, but every time I have gone by there in recent months, they haven't been working.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Play fountains in Paris

What about the fountains at Pompidou? I think I remember kids playing in them? or am I making stuff up again? In any case, that's a fun area for kids.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Play fountains in Paris

Wading or playing in the Pompidou Stravinsky fountain is strictly verboten. Absolutely not on the list of play fountains.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Play fountains in Paris

When the temperature rises above 35°, you will see all sorts of forbidden fountain play around Paris, but that is probably unlikely for the rest of the year even if tomorrow is supposed to be "hot" (27°).

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Play fountains in Paris

The Republique "water mirror" is activated in the summer.

The fountains on boulevard Richard Lenoir have usually been on when the open-air market is in swing - Thurs and Sun mornings - can't swear to any other times or days, since that seems to be intermittent.

Anybody know about the fountains and pools around the pyramids at the Louvre? Probably not possible, but it's a thought...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Play fountains in Paris

There are signs telling people in the Louvre courtyard that it is forbidden, which is proof positive that people do it.