We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheese

England
3 posts
Save Topic
Cheese

Hi,

can anyone tell me of a place where me and my girlfriend can go in Paris and sample different cheeses?

Thanks

Level Contributor
278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheese

Not sure if this is the best place, but we had fun sampling different cheeses as well as chocolates at Rue Mouffetarde...

See site: kqed.org/weblog/food/2005/04/la-mouffe-aka-r…

Hope this helps!

England
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheese

G Explorer,

Ahh the added bonus of Chocolate, sounds like a good starting point,

Cheers!!!

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheese

Androuet prepares cheese tastings. Almost any fromagerie will allow you to sample a bite or two to help make up your mind about what you want to buy.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
577 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheese

We went to La Formagie 31 at 64 Rue de Seine in June. They do lunches on Wednesdays. You can choose between 5, 7 or 9 cheeses to taste. We both tood the 5 cheese choice and between us we had 9 different cheeses to taste. You also get a salad and bread, and of course we had wine. We also purchased several cheeses to bring home. They vacumn back it for you, but with all the extra security you probably can't do that now.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
937 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheese

I tested a new cheese restaurant last year.

You can read my report :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k37350…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheese

There's also Pain, Vin et Fromage, a really nice restaurant near the Centre Pompidou. You'll find the address in the Pariscope magazine or on the web. They do cheese platters from different regions of France and also make wonderful cheese fondues...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheese

Does anyone know if you can bring cheese back in your carry-on bag or is this now prohibited?

Also, second question, is this even a good idea or will the cheese be destroyed after a long flight home? (Of course I know that soft cheeses are out of the question, but I am wondering if the same is true of any cheese.)

Thanks

England
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheese

Many thanks to all of you for the replies, plenty of ideas to go on

Cheers!!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheese

To my knowledge the only cheeses allowed back into the USA are the very hard grating cheeses. I do not think I would attempt to bring back any other.

You should look on the customs for USA site as to what food items one can bring back!

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheese

Actually, soft cheeses may be okay if they are pasturized. Any cheese shop can help you with this and most of them can even vacuum pack the stuff so that you won't have any problems taking it home with you.