We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline for cheap hotels

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Topic
Priceline for cheap hotels

For those struggling with Paris hotel prices don't despair. I just used Priceline for the 1st time and got the 4* Renaissance Paris La Defense for £41 ($78) a night this coming weekend.

The weather is very grey here in London so I fancied a last minute trip to cheer me up. With my £79 last minute Eurostar fare this is turning out incredibly cheap. More money for spending in Paris!

So the moral is, have a go at using Priceline, and read biddingfortravel.com first to get an idea of how to play the system. The free rebids worked for me when they wouldn't accept £35.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline for cheap hotels

I always recommend that you try www.biddingfortravel.com before bidding on priceline.com.

It is a message board type of site that posts how much people have bid for specific hotels in certain ciites. People tell you how much they bid and how much it took to get a winning bid.

I find it to be very useful.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline for cheap hotels

Hopefully you do realize La Defense is a business center outside of Paris and rather deserted in the evenings..? There is an RER and a metro stop within the plaza... The price is good for the level of hotel.

Paris
Level Contributor
776 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline for cheap hotels

The price is good because we have school holidays here and there is no business going on in Paris these days, so no wonder hotels in La Defense make special offers!

BTW AJ did you take the picture in your avatar from canary warf?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline for cheap hotels

I'm fully aware of what La Defense is like, pretty much like Canary Wharf in London. The fact that it is a business only area means that the hotels generally good and charge much less on the weekends when there is less business traveller demand.

5. Re: Priceline for cheap hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 12:27