We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone identify this salon de the ?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone identify this salon de the ?

A couple of years ago we stayed in the 8th, in the rue de l'Arcade and had breakfast twice at a salon de the about 10 minutes walk away, in the direction of rue Hausmann. I know we walked up rue Tronchet: the salon was on the first floor above the boulangerie and I'd love to go there again if I could remember what it was called and where! I keep associating a turtle (tortue) motif wth it, but I might just be imagining that.Any thoughts?

CA
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone identify this salon de the ?

Pagesjaunes shows a boulangerie at 37 rue Tronchet, but the photo link didn't supply none..

Florida
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone identify this salon de the ?

That address is a "Paul's" which is a very good candidate for being the place Valise wants...

http://www.paul.fr/

this site has 3 images but I can't open this on work computer:

www.paris-views.com/title/title29.htm

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone identify this salon de the ?

Definitely PAUL on corner of rue Tronchet and Blvd Haussmann.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone identify this salon de the ?

Thank you travelnutty and la photographe - it is a Paul, though I don't remember it being called that. I went on the paris-views site and looked through the photo index .Number 1145 shows the tortoise (turtle) and an elephant and the words,'aux tortues' _ thought I was beginning to imagine the tortue connection! Maybe it was called that at one time? I am slightly disappointed that it is a Paul branch , because there are 2 branches near me in South West London which makes it a little less special, if you see what I mean. However, it was a very good breakfast. The paris-views site is amazing - worth a browse.

5. Re: Anyone identify this salon de the ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:20