We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Some kind soul suggested lunch or dinner at Le Jules Verne as a way to do this. I called and they have no reservations when I will be in Paris. How about the other restaurant, Altitude 95? Would eating there allow me to circumvent lines?

Thanks, Lisa

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Hi Lisa,

I just got back. I went at night time. After 8pm on a weekday.

I only had to wait about 15 minutes to get a ticket. (I did not eat at the restaurant) The longest wait was the queue to ride the elevator. I waited about 30 minutes for the

one from the first floor and then again on the second floor to go to the top (not as long from the second floor) I think that not going on a weekend and going later on at night could help you. It was definetely a beautiful view at night to see all the city lights.

Good Luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Oh, and probably the reason my wait was shorter (besides luck)

was the time of year. Supposedly it is slow season now.

Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

I suggested Jules Verne. When I reserved my friend in Paris (a female) said that the French are kinda sexist. You might try to get the concierge at the hotel you are staying call as they might have more stroke. I had the concierge at the George V call to reconfirm and we got a prime table by the window. Just a thought.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Just to let you know that Jules Verne is very expensive, and the Altitude 95 doesn't give you much priority.

I would go at 9h15 in the morning, or at night.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
129 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

I made reservations for the Jules Verne on-line. Perhaps you will be able to get a reservation that way.

We ate there in June (with reservations made via the website I was referring to) and everything worked out great - it was a wonderful lunch. I highy recommend it. If you are interested, I can get you the web address for the reservation site when I am at my home computer later this evening........

USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Yes, please PDXLadie, I would really appreciate that. Thanks, Lisa

USA
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

To the best of my knowledge, NO....and the difference in the food and ambience between the two restaurants will be significant as well....with Altitude 95 being more of a '..group tour..' establishment.

If you want to minimize the chance of longer waiting lines to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower, then arrive early in the morning, before the ticket offices open at 09:30 AM......or try again sometime in the late-afternoon / early evening (beteween 5:30-7:00 PM) when many tourists are thinking about returning to their hotels to rest-up and refresh from a long day's touring....before going out again to dinner. During the day, there may always be the chance of '..lulls..' in line-waits....and if your days itinerary takes you near to the tower, it's worth making short detours to check the lines out. But there really are no hard 'n fast rules...secret passwords or insider-handshakes to beat the system.

One other possibility is to don a pair of well-soiled cover-alls... carrying a LARGE tool box in one hand and waving blotched plunger about in the other, shrugging and and mumbling in something approximating '..clogged toilets..' followed by a string of scatological references in French.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
129 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Here is the website where we made our reservations through:

www.bestrestaurantsparis.com

or, more specifically:

bestrestaurantsparis.com/restaurant-paris/de…

We had really good luck making our reservations through this webpage. They will ask you to confirm your reservation with the restaurant the day before via phone. We got a nice table and had a very memorable lunch.

The lunch was somewhere around 55 euros per person but the bottle of wine we ordered, which was one of the most inexpensive ones we could find, was 95 euro. But it was very good! Much better than the two-buck-chuck I usually drink :)

USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

Thanks PDCLadie, but when I used your link, it said this restaurant does not accept online reservations. I also tried having the concierge at the hotel try for me, but they are booked. I do not think I will pack my plunger, even though I do know a few french words regarding clogged toilets! :)

Thanks for those who replied.

Lisa

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ways to circumvent Eiffel line

So does any one know another way of avoiding the lines beyond the restaurants? I took a group of friends there last week on a weeknight at about 8 pm and only one lift was open with a massive line.