We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maplewood, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

I have to choose between the three.

Can anyone tell me if the Westin is near a Metro Stop. I have read that it is almost impossible to get a cab at the Westin.

We are staying in Paris for 4 nights and I've narrowed down to these three and need to book soon. Help!

New York
Level Contributor
875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

The closest metro station to Westin is Tuileries, which is about a half a block away. The trains running of that line is pretty clean and nice since they are the newer than the others. I actually enjoyed my stay at Westin and thought the location was nice. If you are a Starwood prefered member, you might also get an upgrade.

With metro close by, the only time I used a cab from Westin was after checking out, heading to the airport. But at least with that one time experience, it was no problem to get a cab. All you have to do is wait until the guy out there would catch one for you with his whistle. We only had to wait maybe 30 seconds or so.

Maplewood, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

Thanks Nanami,

Do you have any room recommendations?

New York
Level Contributor
875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

Sorry but I can't really give you recommendations on the rooms. I stayed there when they just changed from Interconti to Westin and was lucky enough to stay in a junior suite with special rate.

From what I know, they supposedly have a prefered member floor but can't really say how different it would be. I'm thinking it wouldn't really be that different from other floors unless you are actually upgraded into a nicer room in higher tier.

If you are a Starwood member, almost all of the hotels in the system would try to upgrade you. I've gotten much better rooms with my membership, sometimes getting a room that was much more expensive than what I originally booked. If not yet a member, just sign up at their site. (Spg.com)

As for the location again, I really liked it. I use no.1 line of metro a lot when in Paris so quick access to it was nice. Westin is right next ro Jardin des Tuileries and walkable to Louvre and Concorde. It's also only few metro stops to Arc de Triomphe. I didn't try but supposedly many in this forum like to have lunch or hot chocolate in a cafe called Angelina, which is right on the way to the metro station from the hotel. I didn't know why so many people where lined up there as I passed it before finding out the reason in this forum.

In my opinion, getting a cab from Westin is much better than getting a cab from a smaller hotel tucked away in one of those narrow streets of Paris. I always had to ask someone to call up for one when staying in those. And as I said before, with metro close by, you won't need a cab except for the times you need to drag luggages to on days of check in/out.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

We have stayed at hotel du louvre twice in the last 2 years...have been upgraded to a jr. suite both times. Jr Suites were quite spacious for Paris, couple of metro stops to choose from right outside your door (one in the courtyard across the street, one caddycorner from the hotel in the Louvre shops).

Hotel is clean, quiet, bathrooms are modern and roomy enough.

Concigere staff is very helpful.

Wouldnt recommend the restaurants there though.

Had a friend who stayed at the westin, he was quite happy with it also.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

I happened to recall that there had been a recent thread about the Westin originated by a poster who was, shall we say, less than enthusiastic about their experience. You might want to take a look before you make a decision:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k65097…

Maplewood, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

Well it's final. We will be arriving at Gatwick and staying at The Chersterfield Mayfair for 3 nights, and then via Eurostar, to Paris, staying at Hotel du Louvre for 4 nights, and finally departing out of De Gaulle. I hope we made good choices, but I still need advice.

We have transfers from the airport to the hotel in London. However, we are on our own after that. (I guess I'll need to ask the London transport questions on that forum)

Any suggestions getting from the Eurostar to hotel du Louvre, and from the hotel to the airport when we depart.

Also, we plan to visit the Eiffel Tower, and perhaps have a nice dinner there on one night. Any other suggestions, besides the obvious Louvre.

Any tips about the hotel, rooms, location, nice places to eat in that particular area? I am so excited, yet a little nervous since it's our first time, and we are completely unfamiliar with the ins and outs.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

>>>We have transfers from the airport to the hotel in London. However, we are on our own after that. (I guess I'll need to ask the London transport questions on that forum)<<<

Well it's not Paris related but... I sincerely hope you're going to take the Gatwick Express then cab and not any form of road transport from Gatwick. Suffice to say it driving through South London would take forever.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

>>> Any suggestions getting from the Eurostar to hotel du Louvre, and from the hotel to the airport when we depart. <<<

In both cases I would suggest simply taking a taxi. From Gare du Nord the taxi will probably cost about 10€ plus a supplement of 1€ for every bag after the first. The taxi to CDG will probably cost 45€-50€ plus the same supplement. If you have your hotel arrange a taxi for you there will already be a small amount showing on the meter when your taxi picks you up as the meter starts to run from the time the cab is dispatched.

Yes, there are cheaper ways to make both trips but, unless you are travelling very light, I would not be inclined to opt for them.

9. Re: Westin, Victoria Palace, and Du Louvre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 14:23