We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train service from CDG to Disneyland

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Train service from CDG to Disneyland

How easy is it to board the Bullet Trains from CDG to Disneyland Paris? We arrive CDG at 1:45pm on Friday and would like to get to the park as quickly as possible.. I am unable to prebook our tickets on the Bullet Train as it's too near our departure date.. Also, we arrive at Terminal 1, but the Trains seem to leave from Terminal 2. Is it a long walk from T1 to T2? Any info anyone can give would be much appreciated.. We are considering take the VEA Shuttle, but it seems to take too long. My other worry is our flight home deps CDG at 11:20am on Monday morning and the first shuttle bus deps the park at 7:55am.. That doesn't give us much time for delays en route to the airport.. Are these bullet trains ever full? Could we be refused boarding without a pre-booked ticket? Would the Metro be quicker than the VEA Shuttle?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train service from CDG to Disneyland

To get from Terminal 1 to the TGV station in Terminal 2 you need to take the free #1 ADP shuttle. In theory this leaves from door 22 on the departure level, but check this when you arrive as there is constant construction at CDG. It's a pretty easy transfer.

You will have to go to the SNCF ticket desk at CDG where the lines can be quite long but I don't see a better option. In any case, looking at the timetables I don't think you have a prayer of getting the 14:16 train and the next one is at 15:42 so you should have no problem making that one if your flight is not delayed.

OTOH if you're going to have to wait that long you might be better to just take the VEA shuttle which is less expensive in any case.

It's unlikely that the train you want will be full though Friday afternoon outbound and Monday morning inbound are probably the busiest times. There are certainly still seats available today for next Friday and you *could* still pre-book at voyages-sncf.com but you would still have to wait in line to pick up your tickets so other than ensuring that you have a seat I don't see much advantage to that.

The RER (the suburban light rail extension of the Métro) would take longer (~90 minutes) and be less convenient than the VEA shuttle as you would have to change trains in the center of Paris.

Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train service from CDG to Disneyland

Thanks so much IrishRvr. I think we'll stick to the VEA Shuttle from CDG to the park on Friday afternoon.. How about Monday morning though? Can we buy a ticket for the Bullet Train at the station at Disney that morning? I think we have no choice but to get the train, since we don't have time to spare to get to CDG for our flight dep at 11:20am.. I think there's one around 8:30am which would get us to the airport in plenty time.. If not, the RER is our only option, even though it is rather inconvenient having to go back into Paris during rush hour to change to the blue line out to the airport.. :( I should have checked all this before I booked my flight - I'll know better next time..

3. Re: Train service from CDG to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 15:16