We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

I have been looking at the metro map on the RAPT site and I'm confused. It appears that Line 13 to St. Lazaare and the Line 14 to Bercy is quickest route but that does not come up as a possibility. Could it be that Line 13 goes right through St. Lazaare but does not stop?? The site is telling me to take Line 4 to Pigalle, then Line 12 to St.Lazaare, then 14 to Bercy. That would involve 2 changes instead of one. Is there a better way? We will be leaving that evening on night train to Venice, so we will have 1 medium rolling bag each plus carry-on. Thanks for any suggestions. We do not want to take a taxi for that distance if we can help it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

Hi there,

I have the Metro map in front of me and I think you should change at St Lazaare. Line 13 does stop there. I did a safety check on the RAPT website and got these instructions:

Direction : Chatillon Montrouge

13 (SAINT-DENIS-UNIVERSITE/GABRIEL PERI / CHATILLON - MONTROUGE)

to : Saint-Lazare

Direction : Bibliotheque-Francois Mitterrand

14 (SAINT-LAZARE / BIBLIOTHEQUE-FRANCOIS MITTERRAND)

to : Bercy

Is this the website you mean - www.ratp.info/informer/anglais/index.php - I also selected Travel Mode Rail and Travel Criteria Fewest Connections

If it helps, look at the key on the map when the station shows a white circular line through a station it means 'correspondence' which means you transfer.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

Thanks Becca. This is just the information I was hoping for. And I meant RATP site and not RAPT. I must have been doing something wrong, because it did not give me this option when I tried it. But thanks again for your effort. It sounds like a fairly easy trip with just the one change.

USA
Level Contributor
27,716 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

I'm not sure what routing the RATP's '..ITINÉRAIRES..' feature is providing to you...but I suspect that it is showing a Bus to Gare Saint Lazare and then #14 Metro to BERCY. If this is the case then the system is using its default '..All modes..' (Tous modes) setting and the system believes that a combination Bus / Metro route is the fastest. With this in mind, try you Itinéaire request again, making certain that you've set your PREFERENCES, checking the '..Rail (Métro, RER, SNCF, Tramway)..' box and approxinating the Day of the week and Time of Day. The resultant routing will then come up--

#13 Metro ligne (heading in the direction of Chatillon Montrouge) from PLACE de CLICHY to SAINT LAZARE...then #14 Metro ligne (heading in the direction of Bibliotheque-Francois Mitterrand) from SAINT LAZARE to BERCY. The total travel time for the route should be 22 minutes.

Just to reassure yourself...go back the the RATP ITINÉRAIRE feature and try your request again

Pacific NW
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

I am going to chime in here with a suggestion. Of all the times I've had to transfer trains at St Lazare, I have found the correspondences to be long and filled with stairs. If you are leaving on an evening train, chances are you'll have to travel through there at rush hour or around that time, with your luggage. That means the trains and the station(s) themselves will be crowded and it could be difficult and tiring to navigate. It may be worth less stress to spring for the taxi. If it were me, thats what I'd do... Good luck.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

Thanks, Mascara, for the suggestion, and yes, I had thought of that, too, worrying about rush hour crowds. We are thinking of going early in the afternoon, before rush hour, perhaps stowing our luggage somewhere at the Bercy Station (if that' s possible) and taking a look at that section of the city, or at least grabbing a good dinner somewhere in the area. I know nothing about the Bercy area or the station. Does anyone know if they have short-term luggage storage? Thanks again.

USA
Level Contributor
27,716 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

>>>perhaps stowing our luggage somewhere at the Bercy Station (if that' s possible) ..... Does anyone know if they have short-term luggage storage?<<<

There are NO Left Luggage facilities (Les Consignes) facilities at PARIS--Bercy.

Paris
Level Contributor
317 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

The transfer from the 13 to the 14 in this direction at St. Lazare is not too bad. The walk is short, and you will have one three- or four-step stairs, an escalator and then one flight of stairs. There is an elevator for this last flight, if it's working. I do this all the time with a roller suitcase and it's really no big effort.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

Thank you so much, Louie, for that last piece of info. It is really helpful to know the walk and stairs at St. Lazaare are doable with a roller case. That really solves our problem of transport to Bercy on a Wednesday evening.

9. Re: Metro from Place de Clichy to Bercy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 19:18