We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
olympiad
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in November

Yet another question about the weather! I searched this board for the answer and found one response to what November in Paris weather is like. It said cool, 40s. If that is as cold as it typically gets then I'm going! Does anyone have more to add to that? I guess I expected it to be really cold- but maybe not?

Paris (20th)
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November

This part of Europe really has no extremes, I'd expect no higher than about 50 in November which is typically damp but then the joy of it is - it could just as well be clear and crisp:-)

Are you planning on a trip then?

olympiad
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November

Oh my goodness yes ! We are definitely going back but I'm afraid we are spoiled because last week when we were there the weather was in the mid 60s for 3 days! Beautiful and sunny. So is it just dark and cloudy during the winter? Somewhere, in a guide book , I saw that they don't get many hours of sun in November but yet not much rain either.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in November

Have a look at

http://www.weatherbase.com/

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in November

We were there over Thanksgiving 2004. It was cold and damp, but tolerable, probably 40s. There were no lines at museums, except Versailles on Sunday. It would have been nice a little warmer, but we had a wonderful time.

detroit,michigan
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in November

So if I decide to jump in two feet first and go "home" this November

instead of April 06, what will I miss? No flowers in the open markets?

Are people still stitting out on side walk cafes. It seems the weather

is similar to San Francisco or perhaps Atlanta. A temperate zone.

Mostly I want to people watch I love people, warts, derriere(s),teeth

or no teeth,and all. The whole nine yards. Yes, that is the main focus

of my trip -to people watch, so is November a good time to do so?

Travel Schedule:To wake up each day, prepare my morning constitution

which is rather long as it also includes -after shower(bath).....

sitting-

puttering around, laying around deciding what I want to wear for le jour(when on holiday)

doing Absolutely nada for at Least an hour, just breathing and being

aware of having to do nada: after which I hit the streets to See Who

is out and about and What they are doing ,wearing, riding, going

etc. And then I venture from Place to Place Enjoying the people

enjoying themselves as I enjoy myself. medici

olympiad
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in November

Wow! I like that weatherbase web site. It's amazing how similar the average temp, high temp , low temp , and precipitation is in March and November! We were so lucky this month because we had days above 60 degrees! Hmmm.... maybe we could be lucky again in November. I would miss the flower markets though.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in November

We've been in late November every year since 2000. The weather varies wildly. Some years, it's been in the 50s with lots of sunshine, and other years mid-30s with all rain. Most of the time, it seems to vary between the two. It is definitely a good time to go. There are fewer tourists.

olympiad
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in November

Great to hear you like it there at that time of year. What about the outdoor cafes etc, I noticed very nice overhead heaters when we were there last week. The first 2 days of our trip were pretty cool and the heaters felt nice. Does that mean they can leave the cafes open in November and that people will still be seated outdoors?

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in November

Most of the cafes will still have outdoor seating in November. Those overhead heaters keep things amazingly warm.

Paris (20th)
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in November

Just to underline how the weather varies here ... two weeks ago it was in the thirties, yesterday peoeple were walking around in t-shirts and it was still about 60 at 9 in the evening, right now it's cooler than that and yesterday's glorious sunshine is lost behind low cloud.

But the locals adapt - the first sign of sun and out come the chairs /tables on the pavements. Heaters on or off as necessary. November can be gloriously crisp true but, look at it this way, if it's damp it's more atmospheric :-)