We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

Carnoustie, Scotland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

My wife and I will be staying at the Henri IV Rive Gauche hotel in Rue St Jacques next month and would love to hear suggestions from all those knowledgeable people about good eating places. Our budget is limited so we can't afford to live high on the hog: good value, characterful eateries are what we're looking for. We'll have to find breakfast each day as well so suggestions in that direction would be very warmly welcomed! Many thanks.

Bruce

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,584 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

There is no end to the good places in that area. For example...

Brasserie de l'Île St-Louis "Opened in 1870 -- when Alsace-Lorraine was taken over by Germany and its chefs decamped to the capital -- this outpost of Alsatian cuisine remains a cozy cocoon filled with stuffed animal heads, antique fixtures fashioned from barrels, and folk-art paintings. Expect hearty country-style fare: coq au Riesling, omelets with Muenster cheese, onion tarts, and choucroute garnie (sauerkraut studded with ham, bacon, and pork loin -- one variant is made with smoked haddock). In warm weather the crowds move out to the terrace overlooking the Seine and Notre-Dame. With the famed glacier Berthillon so close by, it's best not to bother with the pricey desserts here. DC, MC, V. Closed Wed. and Aug. No lunch Thurs. Métro: Pont Marie. "

And

La Taverne St Germain, 155, Boulevard Saint-Germain

Paris, France

Pjk

UK
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

My favourite budget restaurants in the area are L'Époque on rue du Cardinal-Lemoine near Place de la Contrescarpe, Le Vigneron on rue du Pot-de-Fer just off the rue Mouffetard, Au Bon Coin on rue de la Collégiale and Le Languedoc on Boulevard de Port-Royal.

They offer excellent, traditional French cuisine at budget prices with friendly service and are all popular with the locals so do get there early or else reserve a table.

Bon Apetit.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

La Pre Verre on rue Thenard

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

Thanks for the information. We will be staying here as well in July. How far of a walk is the l'Île St-Louis from this hotel? This is our first trip to Paris.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

You are only 20 minute away from l'Île St-Louis, 5 minutes walk from Notre Dame. BTW, Brasserie de l'Île St-Louis also has great cassoulet no matter the season

T.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

If you look thru the hotel reviews, people often mention a place where they ate near the hotel.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,584 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

On a nice warm day it is heaven to sit on their terrace and sip an Alsacian beer and have one of their onion tarts. Then have dinner. Voila...

babette.smugmug.com/photos/10405146-L.jpg

Pjk

USA
Level Contributor
27,934 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

L' ATELIER MAÎTRE ALBERT--1 rue Maître Albert (a few doors in from quai de Montebello), 75005--

ateliermaitrealbert.com/en/…maitreAlbert.html

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

I second Atelier Maitre Albert and Le Pre Verre

I would add to the list;

Le Petit Prince de Paris on Rue Lanneau

and

Le Petit Pontoise on 9 rue de Pointoise

Brasserie Balzar on Rue des Ecoles

A fun place for coffee/tea/light lunch is La Fourmi Ailee, which is on Rue du Fouarre, right near where you are staying.

Les

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,016 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: REstaurants/cafes near Rue St Jacques?

I find L'Atelier Maitre Albert somewhat expensive.