We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

Hi

I will be in Paris in early April with my Mother and will be staying near Rue Cler in the 7th (on recommendation from this wonderful forum).

We hope to travel to The Hague for a day to visit friends.

Where can I buy the rail tickets when I arrive in Paris?

I have checked the RNCF site however I cannot quite work out where the SCNF stations are.

Can I buy tickets at the Metro or RER stations?

Our closest metro is Ecole Militaire.

Thanks for any help - we would be very grateful.

Jane

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

You can buy your rail tickets on-line on SNCF's website and either print your tickets yourself or pick them up at the train station. The important thing to remember here is that you MUST bring with you the credit card you used to pay online to pick up your tickets in Paris. (Go to: voyages-sncf dot com).

Another way is just to go to an SNCF office and buy them there. You can find them in every neighbourhood.

Boutique SNCF

78 rue St Dominique

75007 Paris

Open Mon-Fri: 9am to 7pm/ Sat: 9am to 12:30 and 2-6pm

Hope this helps! Have fun!!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

The nearest SNCF office is at the below location...otherwise, you can go to one of the major train stations (Gare Montparnasse, du Nord, de Lyon, etc), not metro/RER stations. Try to print a schedule from www.sncf.com to take with you, or at least write down what you want - the agents in the boutiques may not speak a lot of English but they will help you.

Boutique SNCF

78 rue St Dominique 75007 Paris

Horaires d'ouverture : Lundi �� vendredi : de 9h �� 19h

(Open: Monday thru Thursday, 9am-7pm)

Samedi : de 9h �� 12h30 et de 14h �� 18h

(Open: Saturday 9am-12:30pm, then 2pm-6pm)

From website: voyages-sncf.com/info_resa/…Adresses.htm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

Dear J'adore and travelnutty

Thank you very much for the information, especially the address of the sncf station. I am pretty cautious about this trip to Paris as I am travelling with my Mother who is 80 years young.

I will now check the map - I use the French white pages which is excellent for hotels restaurants (click on the pizza looking icon for restaurants in your area) taxi stands etc

www.pagesjaunes.fr

I woke this morning (in Australia) very excited to see your reply - thanks again.

Regards Jane

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

Dear Jane,

You're very welcome. The address provided was not for a rail station, but for an SNCF agency...it's like a travel agency where they sell train tickets. Buying tickets at the SNCF boutiques saves a lot of time because the queues to buy tickets at the actual train stations are horrendous.

Anyway, have a great trip! I'm also going to Paris in 29 days and counting ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do I buy a return rail ticket in Paris for a train to...

Hi J'adoreparis

I understand now - the SNCF Boutique is more like a travel agency. It is quite close to our hotel in the 7th.

We have 10 days to go - I can hardly believe it.

Your help is much appreciated. I hardly need wish you all the very best for your trip but all the best anyway.

Jane