We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles to Orly Airport

Which Versailles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Versailles to Orly Airport

Hello everyone. I have an upcoming trip where I may be going directly from Versailles to Orly airport in the early evening. What are my options?

I wouldn't mind a taxi, but I'd like to have some idea what it might cost.

Merci!!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

Not sure why you would do that -- Orly is absolutely on the opposite end of the city from Versailles, but it's your trip.

The RER-C line runs all the way between the two -- fare will be somewhere around 8 euros, and time will be about 1-1/2 hours.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

(I mean my comment, by the way, under the heading of "transportation you have to do sometimes, but makes having your toenails removed with pliers sound like a good idea")

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

I think Sunshine was having a bad day... she must have been thinking of CDG.

Versailles and Orly are quite close actually:

here's a link to a Google Map:

http://tinyurl.com/yzgn24a

By car it's only about 22 km mostly on Autoroutes.

At a guess I'd say 40-50 Euros.

Edited: 31 December 2009, 14:55
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

but remember that early evening means rush hour, which in turn means that 22km can be 2-3 hours of idling. Yes, it's autoroute, but they're busy, busy city autoroutes, and you absolutely cannot assume that the trip will be easy or fast. Double that if it's a Friday night or a Sunday night -- those are the most miserable nights of all to drive in Paris.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

Thanks for your comments. We have an 8pm (20:00) flight from Orly to Berlin. We'd like to visit Versailles that day, but it didn't seem to make much sense to go all the way back into Paris and then head to the airport.

On a map, they didn't seem that far away and it seemed a reasonable way to proceed. I have read they have a luggage check at the Palace, since we'd have our bags with us.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

Sunshine is right in that you can never tell about traffic... I can't say if it's the case from Versailles

to Orly but there are taxi lanes etc from Paris to CDG... they can help if traffic is bad.

Your other option is to take the RER back into Paris, change trains then transfer to Orlyval to the airport.

I have a feeling the taxi route will take less time but you never know...

Rob

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

I have a similar question. We are driving from Mont-St-Michel back to the Paris are on the one day. The next morning we have a 6am flight from Orly to Venice. First I thought of spending the afternoon and night at Disney Paris, but now I am leaning more towards Versailles. But what I cannot decide is whether we should sleep the night in Versailles or closer to the airport or somewhere inbetween??

Any recommendations?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

With a flight that early I think you should get to Orly the night before, ditch your car and stay at a hotel with easy access to the airport. Here is a link to one list of hotels near Orly:

http://orly.airporthotelguide.com/

The list may not be exhaustive.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

I agree with IrishRovr... it would be downright Goofy to spend the night at Disney!

(Sorry... could not resist) LOL

10. Re: Versailles to Orly Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 06:16