We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under 26 free tickets worth it?

Which Versailles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Under 26 free tickets worth it?

Hello,

I am travelling through to Paris with friends on Wednesday for a music festival this upcoming weekend, however I have my heart set on going to Versailles on Thursday. I am under 26 and hold an EU passport which I believe entitles me to free entry to certain parts of the palace, however three of the group I am travelling with are 26 and over and I am aware that I would need to queue for some time to get a pass. Basically is it worthwhile foregoing the free pass and booking ahead and paying for the Versailles Passport instead, to avoid annoying queuing and also possibly to have better access to the different sites and exhibitions?

Thanks,

Sinead

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under 26 free tickets worth it?

I believe you just have to show your ID at the security line for entry -- I'll happily be corrected if this is not true.

I'm one who will use any free-admission pass I qualify for...but I still think Versailles is worth the trip - especially if your traveling companions want to go.

Whether you have advance tickets or not, you still have to queue for security -- arriving early would mean you could whiz through the line, get your pass, and join your friends without anybody losing much time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Under 26 free tickets worth it?

As Sunshine says when we visited Versailles and some of our party used their passports for entry there was a separate line which we used and there was no queue what-so-ever - they just showed their IDs and I showed my Musee Pass, our bags were checked and in we went.

I am glad I went to Versailles to see it, but the Château was so crowded I did not really enjoy it that much; but it is worth the experience of seeing it and the gardens are great.

3. Re: Under 26 free tickets worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:15