We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time to see all at Versailles????

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
648 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time to see all at Versailles????

We are into CDG around 8:30am and will be staying at the Trianon Palace Versailles for the evening (then onto the Brittany/Normandy area for an organized tour). Assuming our flight is on time, will we have enough time to see everything at Versailles before it closes for the day or should we fly in the day before? How long will the drive from CDG to the hotel take?

Thanks!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time to see all at Versailles????

If you get in at 8:30, it will be at least 11 before you are at Versailles. You cannot see everything in only half a day, but certainly that will be enough time to see the Chateau. Have someone go to the ticket office while someone else stands in the A line for the Chateau.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time to see all at Versailles????

Thanks for the advice!!! Will definitely have one person go to the ticket office, and one person in A line!!

Toronto, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time to see all at Versailles????

My husband and I did it in about 4 hours. We barely went through the palace, it did not interest me as much as the grounds. The grounds are incredible! If you have just a short amount of time, I would just see the grounds. The beauty of it is phenomenal. Also, if you choose to do that, do not get stuck buying the ticket for the palace, specifically ask for just the grounds ticket. Otherwise you will spend a lot of money for the short time you are there.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time to see all at Versailles????

Amita, what time did you get to Versailles??

5. Re: Enough time to see all at Versailles????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:17