We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

There will be three of us going on July 13th and I'd like to purchase tickets and transportation ahead of time. What would you suggest is the best way to to do this?

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Are you going to Versailles from Paris? If so, there's no need to buy RER tickets in advance.

Toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

You can get you palace ticket ahead of time by going to the ticketing section of any FNAC store (we went to the one on the Champs Elysée).

South Africa
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Can you get the individual tickets from FNAC (i.e. not the day pass - other people say it is not worth paying the extra to see the 2 trianons)?

Colorado
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Sorry to hijack this post but I want to buy in advance too. what is an FNAC store?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

FNAC is the big music store in Champs Elysees, you cant miss it. Or you can ask anyone about it.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

If you look at fnac.com, for ticket purchase on line as well. Also look a Versaiiles website for days open and such.

Auckland
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Hi, I saw on the Versailles site, that you can also buy tickets including train fare from SNCF the train co. I would like to also pre-book for a trip later this year but am not sure if it is necessary to book so far in advance.

Swellendam
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Hi Kristin333, I had the same question a while ago, the train ticket and palace entrance combined is called the forfait loisir you need this website www.transilien.com , this is the option that I have chosen for our visit in May!

annieforsyth
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

hi i have been to the fnac website but can we get it in english???

Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Did You Get Your Tickets to Versailles?

Try to go on a day when the fountains are in operation --just amazing!I went to Versailles from Paris in April last year.

I found the easiest way to buy my entry ticket to Versailles was at the same time I bought my train ticket on the day.

I can't remember the exact details of the ticket, however, we were staying in St Michel and it is one of the stops on the line staight through to Versailles. I was told just to buy a combined train ticket with entry to Versailles and it worked really well. Just bought our ticket at the station, got on the train and walked straight in to Versaille, no waiting, when I got there.

Keep in mind I planned the trip to arrive at Versailles when the doors opened.

You'll love it.