We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

Hello, I am visiting the evening fountains and fireworks event on Saturday, I just wondered if there is any part of the gardens that is best to head for to get a good spot for the fireworks? Are there different places you can see them from or is there only one spot? Any areas likely to be at all quieter/less crowded? Also, does anyone know if the cafes/restaurants in the park/gardens are open in the evening? Trying to find out if we need to get dinner outside in the town before we arrive or if we can get something at the event?

Thank you!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

Did you see them already?

If not, I can say the best spot to watch the fireworks is at the end of the grand canal, where before the fireworks, the dancing fountains are.

If you did see them last Saturday(s), how long did it last?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

Yes please reply. Curious as to how long and how good the fireworks and fountain display are. Will be in Patis is late July and considering if this is worth the time and money.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

We will be visiting here end of August-beginning of September. We would love more info on the fireworks...did not know there were any. Are they on specific nights? When is the last train back into Paris?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

Please post to this string after you see them. Want to know how long they were and if they were good.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

X-BC, the fireworks are every Saturday night at about 11 PM, till 13 September.

I just dont know how long now. In 2011 lasted 12 minutes, but in Youtube videos of 2013 it seems reduced to 5 minutes . Very spectacuar, mainly by baroque music through loudspeakers. Before the fireworks there are "dancing fountains" with music as well..

6. Re: Night Fountain Show at Versailles - best spot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16