We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

nh
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

after a 10 day Canal du Midi trip next spring, we need to return to Boston. Anyone have advice which airport, Paris or Nice, would be the easiest to get to and depart from. Thanx for help!

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

You would most likely have to route/transfer through Paris (DeGaulle) in any event. Check out Marseiles airport along with Nice - I believe Nice planes fly into DeGaulle; I am not sure about Marseille. Toulouse has an airport but I think they only fly into Orly - you want to avoid having to get from Orly to DeGaulle if you are trying to do your trip in one day. There is always the option of a day or two in Paris - then Orly would work for you.

I am sure there are trains but it's a long haul in my opinion.

jhg

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

Arrange for a taxi to take you to the Béziers train station from Port-Cassafieres. This is a 20€, 15 minute ride.

From Béziers, by train either:

1. connect through Avignon and take the TGV to CDG (or Paris) or

2. connect to Montpellier. There is a shuttle to take you to the airport (MPL) for a flight to CDG. Air France has 4 flights a day to CDG and about 8 daily to ORY.

For train information:

www.voyages-sncf.com (in French only)

www.tgv-europe.com

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

Hi

Don't forget to check out flight options from Barcelona which has intercontinental destinations and is closer than both Nice and Paris.

Peter

nh
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

thanx everyone for the usual sound advice

5. Re: Best airport from Port-Cassafieres - Paris or Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Languedoc-Roussillon