We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to buy train ticket from Barcelona 2 Carcassonne 7/28?

USA
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How to buy train ticket from Barcelona 2 Carcassonne 7/28?

Hi,

I want to buy one way train tickets as above. I know that there is a train from BCN Franca station at 845 am to Narbonne then to Carcassonne but I can't seem to get TGV-europe.com to show this to me. It's giving me the 716am train from Sants station which takes 5+ hours!. I went on to raileurope website and it shows this particular BCN Franca-Car trip but I can't buy it yet? Is it not within 90 days of travel now?

Multiple results found same website, different days as well as multiple resutls on different websites. This do it yourself planning is getting a lot of snags :-(((( I don't seem to have any problem with Eurostar and it's not even 90 days within travel time.

Can someone point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,622 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to buy train ticket from Barcelona 2 Carcassonne 7/28?

I have used that train a number of times

I tried the RENFE website (Spanish Railways) and that refused to list the 0845 for that date as well. It did list the afternoon direct train at 1642 from BCN Sants.

The RENFE website lists the 0845 train for ticket sales for all dates up to 28th June ie two months ahead. If I recall correctly Spanish reservations (it is a Spanish train) are normally available only a maximum of 60 days in advance. But that doesn't explain why the afternoon train is listed for dates in July, more than 60 days ahead.

Sounds like it would be an idea to test the theory by trying again in a couple of days to see if the websites offer a ticket for 1st July

The 0845 train is listed on the German Railways journey planner as running on 28 July but you can't book tickets there.

USA
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to buy train ticket from Barcelona 2 Carcassonne 7/28?

Cubsur,

I did as you suggested and yes, it looks like I have to wait another month (60 days) before I can buy tickets. And a watched train schedule will never arrive! But patience I have none; in my mind I was ready to take the trip yesterday.

Thanks for your reply.

MP

3. Re: How to buy train ticket from Barcelona 2 Carcassonne 7/28?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:16