We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Hi - Happy New Year!

So, I have booked my summer flights from liverpool to Carcassone - very pleased that they now offer Saturday flights!

Next step will be car hire. So, does anyone know which car hire companies are in the airport? How far away from the centre of town is the airport? How easy will it be for me to find my way out of the airport? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

http://www.carcassonne.aeroport.fr/uk/

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

It is a very small airport 3 km from the center of town. It is impossible to get lost even if you try very hard. When you exit the airport turn left and follow the road to either the center of town or other directions. It is very clearly indicated at the first roundabout.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
29,151 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Most car hire companies are there, Hertz, Avis, National, Europcar are those I can remember here and now.

The airport restaurant is quite nice, the rest of the airport is pretty basic.

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Just one small correction to the above. As you exit the airport you can only (legally) turn right . After 200m there is a roundabout allowing you to reverse direction and so approach both town and the autoroute system.

Mp

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Many thanks - very helpful as always :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

Hi there and Happy new year to you too,

as said it's a tiny airport, with limited facilities. On your departure, once you've checked in and ditched all your excess drinks etc into a bin at security, there is only a vending machine for food & drinks beyond that point. Ensure you've got loose change in case of delays etc. B

Carcassonne Center...
Level Contributor
190 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

I thought you left the rental carpark at the roundabout so turned left or has that changed now ?

Or do you mean the parking for the airport carpark ?

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

I was speaking of the exit from the main airport parking. The hire cars do leave at the roundabout.

Mp

9. Re: Facilities in Carcassonne airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Carcassonne Center
Recent Conversations