We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip

We will be in Arles for two wks and planned a day trip to Carcassonne. Any suggestions on where to park, take in the sites, eat, etc.?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,570 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip

You follow the signs to La Cité and park at the dessignated payed parking. IMO there is only one point of interest and that is the Cité itself. For restaurants, try TripAdvisor :) (the restaurant tab at the top of the forum).

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
792 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip

It is a long way!

I suggest that there are just as good and rewarding places nearer to Arles than Carcassone.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip

I agree. That's a heckuva daytrip unless you're a huge fan of Viollet-le-Duc.

Azille...
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip

I agree, Carcassonne is worth visiting, but only if you are closer or stay overnight. It is a super long day trip from Arles and you wouldn't have that much time to visit other than the tourist street, and it not that interesting. Stay over in a nearby village one night...lots to choose from.

5. Re: Day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16