We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with good view

canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with good view

I have one night in Carcassone . I am looking for a good hotel to spend the night with a view. I am looking for something under 200 dollars. thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,250 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with good view

Difficult one as the old Cité is up on a hill and if you stayed inside eg the Best Western you probably wouldn't see a great deal.

if you stayed down in the modern town you might be able to see the Cité up on the hill. But is it worth it I wonder?

canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with good view

any suggestions as to where to stay for one night

Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with good view

Hi there

We're just back from the Trois Couronnes, which was lovely. We had a panorama room, which faced the Cite (The Cite is on a hill), the river ran in front of the hotel and if you looked to the right you could see the snow covered Pyranees. Check out the Trip Advisor comments for this hotel. We got a good rate, breakfast was great and the hotel was spotless. Just make sure to ask for a Panorama room if you decide to go for it. The bridge which took you over to the Cite was outside the hotel and once you crossed it there was about a ten minute walk to the Cite. We were in Room 512.

Wherever you go I hope you have a great time.

Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
158 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with good view

We stay at the hotel Du Chateau which faces the walled city... The view is fantastic. This may sound odd but you can see the cite perfectly but not all the tourists. It takes about 1 minute to walk to the entrance. You can eat breakfast or have a drink on the outdoor or indoor patio with that same incredible view. my husband is a photographer and he was able to photograph the between the inner and outer walll at night and he walked over and back.It is not cheap and maybe over your budget but a real experience...they also have their own parking lot.

canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with good view

Thank you so much for these suggestions. I am looking into them.

6. Re: hotel with good view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:17