We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frigiliana, Spain
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

is it posssible and easy? any advice/info required as im pretty clueless

thanks

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

Hi, Clueless in Leeds! :-)

Certainly possible. Easy? I think so. Is getting from Leeds to London by train easy? OK, then getting from Perpignan to Carcassonne is easy.

There is bus service from the airport to the city, but I don't know the full details. Cost about 5€ I think. Otherwise a taxi should not cost more than about 15€ if that.

The train from Perpignan will take between ~80 minutes and ~2 hours. Direct trains are fastest, but there are not many. With other trains you will have to change at Narbonne. Cost will be about 16€ to 19€ depending on the train.

Check timetables at www.voyages-sncf.com. You *might* be able to find the information at raileurope.co.uk also.

There is really no need to pre-book this trip, unless you want to for convenience. Just go to the station in Perpignan and buy your ticket.

You do know that Ryanair flies from Stansted to Carcassonne, right?

Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

LG123

An addendum to IR's response . If flying to Carcassonne is an option for you , note that Ryanair offer a service from East Midlands . Nottingham , I presume , will be easier for you to reach than Stansted .

Mp

Frigiliana, Spain
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

thanks for your help

much hadham
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

hi took the train last year its very easy to do changed at narbonne its only a short walk from carcassonne station into the new town tickets are easy to buy and the view on the train is very nice i am out there again in april flying into perpignan and then out of carcassonne its cheaper .most cheap flights at weekends into perpignan have gone because of the demand of rugby league fans

5. Re: perpignan airport to carcassonne by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:17