We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Madeloc

Which Collioure hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Madeloc

Anyone stayed at the Hotel Madeloc in Collioure?

7 of us have booked this hotel for August for 4 nights. Will be hiring a couple of cars from the airport and driving over to the Hotel.

Looks rather nice on the website, and seems in a very good location also. But would like to hear anyones own experiences.

P.S Hope its easy to drive to, the narrow streets better not smash my wing mirrors off :-)

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Madeloc

The hotel is located quite a distance from the center. You will not have to drive through narrow streets to get there.

You will probably have to take your car to get to the beach. There are several (paying) parking places in the village itself.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Madeloc

We have stayed at Hotel Madeloc on several occasions (including our honeymoon) and look forward to going back this year (2007). It's a lovely hotel, great roof top swimming pool, lovely staff. I'd recommend booking a room with a terrace, where they will deliver your breakfast each morning. It's a five minute walk into town, no sea view, but you can sit on your terrace and watch the night trains run through to Spain, or the cars wind their way up the Mountains. Very relaxing and romantic. Only downside, no English speaking TV.

Beckie

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Madeloc

I haven't stayed at the Madeloc but you might find the attached link which says a lot of positive things about it of interest.

We came back from Collioure a few days ago ( we stayed in one of the pedestrian only, narrow cobbled streets) Our car hire sat in the car park for most of the 12 days we were there - you can walk everywhere in the village, and up into the hills, and Collioure is just so beautiful we did not want to go far. I guess it will be very much hotter and more crowded in August.

http://www.raypoole.co.uk/colliourepage.html

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Madeloc

Well I have returned, and all I can say is "fantastic".

The hotel is lovely, the pool especialy is welcoming and rewarding in the 35 degree heat. The mini bar to was a must, and sure took a battering. The terraces were large and had private sun bathing areas, and at night allowed some nice star gazing whilst guzzllign down a cold beer or 5.

The walk into town was 5 minutes at tops, ok walkign back to about 10 minutes due to it being up hill and also me being a little drunk each evening. But it was nice to stay just out the centre, as in august it was very very busy indeed.

Wonderfull village, wonderfull food and drink, a wonderfull hotel with very happy and informative owners and staff.

Look forward to our return in 2008

5. Re: Hotel Madeloc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Collioure