We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach towns/resorts near Montpellier

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach towns/resorts near Montpellier

We're flying into Montpellier in February, and are looking for someone to recommend a good hotel (around the €100 per night mark), preferably near the beach, which I understand is approx. 20 mins bus ride away?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach towns/resorts near Montpellier

Most of the beach resort towns near Montpellier are dead in february. If you want a bit of life your best bet is to try Sete, which is on the coast but is a thriving fishing port and has lots of places to walk/shop/eat. Any of the Logis de France hotels are a good bet; they are family owned but maintain good standards. I have stayed at the Hotel Terrasses du Lido which was under E100 last year; they also have a superb restaurant. The Joie de Sables is also a Logis member in Sete and is right on the beach; it also has a good restaurant, from what I've heard. You could try the website www.logis-de-france.fr

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach towns/resorts near Montpellier

Hi

I rented a beach appt in Carnon over winter whilst househunting.

Most of the hotels were closed for winter : a couple stayed open. Probably giving good deals ! Carnon has a bus service to Montpellier, so had a winter population of residents, students and airport personnel.

I'd say along this coast, you can list the main places in order of winter activity (most active first) as :

Sete

Aigues Mortes

Grau de Roi

Grande Motte

Ste Marie

Palavas

Carnon

Port Camargue

I spent last week at Port Camargue (preparing my boat, not vacation !) and it was desolate. We only found one restaurant open.

Peter