We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn for family in March

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Inn for family in March

My husband and I and 3 children, ages 18, 23, & 24 will be visiting our 21 yr. old in Mid March who is studying in Montpellier for the semester. We are arriving in Paris over a wekend and plan on staying 2 days to sightsee then 1 day to travel (car or high speed train) to SouthernFrance to meet our student. We would prefer to stay at an Inn or B & B or Mas that will give us taste of the true French culture. I do not want to stay in a busy hotel in the center of town. My daughteris living with a family in the 34070 area. Where is that? Is there public transportation to get back to the Universtity once we are at an inn or should we rent a car? What would our"kids" like to do for entertainment & sightseeing?

Thank you

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn for family in March

My daughter is also studying in Montpellier, we visited her in November. It is a beautiful city, you will love it. We flew into Paris and took the TGV to Montpellier, very easy trip. (With a four year old)

We stayed at the Hotel du Palais and loved it. It is a short walk to the center of town. Your other children would probably enjoy a hotel closer to the center as there is a lot going on there in the evenings. The place de la comedie was full of life, you can sit at a table enjoying wine or coffee watching the happenings.

You will not need a car unless you plan to leave the city. We did rent one for a day and drove to Carcassone so show our four year old the castle. You could also drive down to the beach, but they have wonderful public transportation there.

I am also going back in March - perhaps our paths will cross!

have a wonderful trip.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn for family in March

Hi

34000 is Montpellier city centre.

34070 includes Port Marianne (which has student accomodation). It is on the tramline from the centre, direction Odysseum.

Peter