We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Le Vigan

London
1 post
Save Topic
Buses to Le Vigan

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get hold of timetables for buses from Nimes to Le Vigan (Cevennes)? I've tried contacting the tourist office at Nimes station, where I know there bus leaves from, but no response so far. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Le Vigan

You're right, usual methods don't reveal much. All I could find is this,

Nîmes to : Le Vigan (1–5 daily; 2hr),

on the following web site

france-for-visitors.com/languedoc/travel-det…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Le Vigan

This may not be the answer you want, but on the excellent Herault Department website (I was there not long ago) I found the bus timetable from Montpellier to Le Vigan at

herault.fr/herault%2Dtransport/…20Ganges.pdf

basically 3 buses a day, none on Sundays.

But Montpellier isn't Nimes.

The the bus company that allegedly operates between Nimes and Le Vigan is this lot:

Société des Transports Départementaux du Gard

530, avenue Robert Bompard, Nîmes

Tel: 04 66 29 27 29

website

www.stdgard.com/accueil/

but the website is down - I tried!

None of the Gard official or tourist sites has anything beyond a list of bus companies - at least not that I could find searching in either French or English.

Sorry

Bel
London, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Le Vigan

ChicChantal has a wonderful trip report on the Provence forum which has lots of info on public transport as she travelled everywhere by bus and train. Have a look at that and see if she refers to any relevant websites, or you could PM her to see if she has any tips.

4. Re: Buses to Le Vigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 11:20