We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Market

I am going to Carcassonne in a couple of weeks, but arriving in the early evening on a Saturday, so it seems I will miss the market there. Please can anyone tell me if the Sunday market at Narbonne is worth visiting? Is it only food, and is it held in Narbonne or Narbonne Plage. Many thanks.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market

We visited the Narbonne market a couple of Sundays back and enjoyed it - It is in town by the canal and quite extensive with clothing, household things,food, etc, etc... The stalls are set up on both sides of the canal not too far from the cathedral. There is underground parking at one end (follow the signs and have coins to pay at the automatic pay machine on your way out - we didn't and had to rely on the very patient and generous people behind us in the line). Some of the clothing stalls had some very interesting sweaters, coats, skirts - not inexpensive but very nice. The tourist office is near and they have a good map of the town and there are several sites to see within walking distance of the canal

jhgrady

2. Re: Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:18