We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

We will be staying in the little village of Argens-Minervous for one week in late September. We will be taking a train from Paris there and back. Is it better to take the train to Toulouse or to Narbonne? We will be picking up a rental car if that makes a difference. We would be arriving on a Saturday. I realize Narbonne is closer but would they have as many rental car agencies open on a Saturday? We would be picking up the rental car and dropping it off on a Saturday. How far is Narbonne from our village? If Toulouse, would you advise spending a night there as we have never been there or would a morning there before the train be good. Thank you very much!

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

Narbonne is about a 30min. drive from Argens-Minervois whereas Toulouse is nearly 2hrs.

For train timetables, www.voyages-sncf.com will help you to decide. Look at Paris-Narbonne and then Paris-Toulouse to make the separate comparisons.

Can't help you re car hire, sorry.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187175-i690-k7147…

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

Thank you. Narbonne does seem to be the best bet. I am just concerned about picking up and dropping off a rental car there on a Saturday. I will continue looking into that aspect.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

Did you try calling AutoEurope? I'm sure why you posted the same question again.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,299 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

The car rentals are in and around the station in Narbonne - should not be a problem. Avis also has a deal with SNCF regarding pick-up and delivery outside ordinary opening hours.

6. Re: Paris to Argens-Minervous. Train to Toulouse or Narbonne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18