We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

England, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

We're fairly seasoned caravanners, with reasonably good French and a lot of experience of the French Atlantic coast for camping, but we've decided to head for the med this time - and due to a last minute impulse, we'll be off this weekend!! We like 'camping municipal' and 'camping a la ferme', quiet sites - we don't need a swimming pool, kids club, disco or a network of UK neighbours. I know Tripadvisor is really for hotels, but I'm really hoping that there's a destination expert out there who might pick up this plea and let us know of any nice local campsites that we can head to in the area around Narbonne. Any hints, tips suggestions - of places to head for, or even areas/sites to avoid would be really welcome.

We really want to be near to the coast - cycling distance or short drive away is ok, though, as we know that often the sites right on the beach will be more commercial set-ups, but we're also open to the bigger sites if they're going to be quieter at this time of year. Any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

Quieter this time of year, so head close to the beach.

Can't recommend specific places as I haven't camped here for 20 years and am now a resident ... I have a house :-)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,944 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

Search for the campings around Narbonne Plage and Gruissan. I do not think there is anything on a farm, but there are a few campings right on the beach. There is a camping municipal in Gruissan, but I have never seen caravans or camping cars there, so I am not sure they have the facilities.

My home is right next to a camping and I can assure you it is very quiet at this time of year.

http://www.camping-soleil-mer.com/en/

England, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

Thank you so much for this - really appreciated.

England, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

We ended up at the municipal site at Gruissan (they're fine with caravans and campervans) - great recommendation, many thanks. Blustery, but beautiful.

5. Re: Camping recommendations appreciated, Narbonne/Med nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 07:16