We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

5 posts
Save Topic
How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

I have seen some postings re booking a train Perpignan to Barclone so I know you can do it and have even seen the Mare Nostrum train I need to book on the RENFE sire but the booking instructions revert to Spanish and so far have been unable to book.....

I have also looked on the www.sncf.fr site and can not even find the trains...

Can anyone help me book these?

Can I book tickets when I get to Perpignan or is it best to book in advance?

Cathedrale St-Jean
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Castillet
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

Wrightyja - Sent you a PM about this as per your request.

For the benefit of others:

To find these trains on the SNCF site voyages-sncf.com enter the destination as

BARCELONE (ES)

or it won't work!

I travelled this line in June 2007 and went to the station a few days early and booked my ticket (€34) without difficulty. Not much English spoken down there, so if you can't speak French write down train number, destination, date, time etc and hand it to the ticket clerk.

PS The journey is half the price if you use local trains either side of the border but unfortunately these do not connect at Port Bou (border station) and it is a miserable place to wait 90 minutes unless you like trains!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

you can also use this web site :

www.renfe.com

US
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

how busy would the direct train (evening train) say around March 31? I'm trying to book in advance but it's too expensive to ship to the US...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

Hmmm - I last travelled with that train in June 2008 and it was fairly full.

I bought my ticket at the station five days before travelling, so my guess is that in March you shouldn't have too much of problem.

5. Re: How to book trains from perpignan to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 21:16