We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help in perpignan

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help in perpignan

we are taking the train from london to perpignan but then want to drive to alacante spain. lots of questions...we are arriving in perpignan late at night, can anyone tell us of a decent hotel walking distance from train station? where we can go for car hire? and has anyone done the drive into spain? What is the drive like, is it scarey going through mountains, like tight roads or anything? Any tips would be very grateful, thanks

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: help in perpignan

Thank you, i did look at the train to Barcelona yesterday, only 3 hours which would be good, the guide said nearly 5 but i'm sure you're right.

dawn

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: help in perpignan

p.s.

going slowly and staying over would be better i think but not possible as i have to be in Benissa on Monday but cant leave U.K. until Sunday. I think i may cancel and go another time,i cant think of anything else. What is the weather like in November? That way i think i would probably drive from U.K. and stay over night in a few places.

I really must thank you for your help, i would have made some very costly and time consuming mistakes without it.

Regards

Dawn

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: help in perpignan

November is OK traffic wise and certainly better than Jan / Feb for weather.

The Med France : Spain Pyrenees "pass" is very low and rarely has weather problems. The A9 is generally OK in November, and the weather is even warmer as you progress into Spain. The A75 goes through the Massif Central, but is rapidly cleared. A6 in the Rhone valley is busier and seems to have more delays.

Peter

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: help in perpignan

We've done the journey from North west England to Calpe several times by road.

The journey from Perpignan usually takes us about 8 hours.

Calpe is only 20 minutes run from Moraira/Benissa. In fact you leave the motorway and reach Benissa sooner than Calpe from the direction you're travelling. It's at it's busiest around Barcelona/ Valencia the rest is very easy.

Hope you have a great holiday when you get here.

15. Re: help in perpignan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Perpignan