We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

Have had difficulty finding a hotel with a family room for a weekend in the summer, but think I might have found a nice hotel in Suite Novotel Perpignan Mediterranee, 32 Avenue general Leclerc. But parking seems to be an expensive problem, as the hotel does not have it's own car park.

I am wondering if I can use on street parking. Here is my plan. Arrive on a Saturday at 6pm, and leave the hotel at 10am Sunday. Then drive back to the hotel at 6pm on the Sunday, and leave at 9/10am the Monday morning. What are parking restrictions like on the weekends, and in the evening? Don't mind paying for an hour or two if required. All feedback welcome! Thanks in advance.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,240 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

Just read the fine print regarding your car rental. They normally do ask you to use secure parking. If something happens while parked in the street, you may have trouble with insurance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

Very good point...did not even think about that.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

There are no parking restrictions on Saturday evening and night and Sunday all day and night as long as you are using an authorized parking place. There will be plenty of space in the little side streets in front of Novotel. However if you leave after 9 am on Monday morning, you have to pay. € 1 or €2 at the machine. The price is indicated on the machine.

I am not sure the rental agency has the right to ask you to use a secure parking.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,240 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

I have had that clause in more than one rental contract.

5. Re: City centre parking on street at weekend Summer 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Perpignan