We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station Car Hire

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Train Station Car Hire

Hi,

Has anyone hired a car recently from Perpignan Station ? How was it for you ?

CroftyM

Seattle, Washington
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Station Car Hire

Hi -- I'm hoping to drop a rental car in Perpignan and then hop the train into Spain. Trying to decide which is the least haste, dropping directly at the train station or dropping at a different return site in town and then making my way to the train station via taxi or bus. How was the car rental pick up at the station for you?

`Elaine

Sussex
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Station Car Hire

Hi we hired a car from Europcar,arranged from UK via Internet, which we picked up at the station.

Collection was out of hours, and car was said to be available from the reception of a hotel next to the station.

Needless to say they knew nothing about us...but a short walk to the Europcar office still within the station complex sorted us out.

The staff did not speak English, but the car, some sort of Ford Focus, was fine, and return could not have been easier.

Would use again.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Station Car Hire

I've rented from Sixt twice at its location a couple of blocks from Perpignan station. Hertz was right next door. At the time Avis was the only company with an office at the station. No complaints about Sixt. One time we dropped the car during the lunch hour when the office was closed. I dropped the keys through the slot and we walked to the station to catch the train to Barcelona. I called from the train just to be sure there were no problems and there were none. No,surprises on the credit card.

4. Re: Train Station Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Perpignan